• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flight Physical - NAS Jax

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor
Well I get to start my SNA application this semester with a flight physical. I was pretty excited about getting it over with until I found out that we have to go to NAS Jax to have it done. Let me go over some background information.

Last year, HD dated a girl that was nothing less than psycho. Got to meet the parents and was accepted into the family. Psycho girl starts wanting things like more commitment (marriage) and me to drink less. Needless to say I ran away. I called her and said it was over then blocked her phone number, e-mail address, and screenname.

... But wait, there is more. Her dad is one of the doctors in charge of the Navy Flight Physicals at NAS Jax. From what her friends have said, psycho girl made me look like a pretty bad guy and the father was pretty upset.

So I guess my question is: How many doctors do the Flight Physicals at NAS Jax? If I happen to get him, would he be able to hurt my PQ status? It may sound stupid but the father was quite upset and looking for a way to avenge his baby's pain. Any advice would be appreciated ;)

East

东部
Contributor
IMHO you're fvcked...start sending flowers and tell her you didn't want to hurt her feelings.

j/k If big bear is eligable to run an USN Officers desk, he'd be professional to your PQ as well. Wouldn't we all.........;)

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Generally ROTC units have a liason w/ the particular Clinic that services them. Before Cecil went away, Cecil was primary for us at UF. Then Jax became the primary for the area. I'd guess that trying to get a flight physical in Mayport would be out of the box for you ROTC staff.

That said, I really wouldn't get worked up over this. If you do get him, and he wants to make an issue out of it, be professional, explain that he hasn't gotten all the facts, and if it's an issue, ask for another doctor.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Generally ROTC units have a liason w/ the particular Clinic that services them. Before Cecil went away, Cecil was primary for us at UF. Then Jax became the primary for the area. I'd guess that trying to get a flight physical in Mayport would be out of the box for you ROTC staff.
Are you smoking crack? Our primary was JAX, from the time I got there (June '95) till I graduated (Dec '98). Every doctor's visit I had, every physical, every blood test....all done at JAX.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Are you smoking crack? Our primary was JAX, from the time I got there (June '95) till I graduated (Dec '98). Every doctor's visit I had, every physical, every blood test....all done at JAX.

Interesting, because there were a bunch of us who went to Cecil for our Pre-comms. I don't know what to tell you. I think they went away for us around 98 (I did my precomm in '97 there). Maybe something to do w/ the ECP status? I know you didn't have it the whole time, but still.

Steve Wilkins

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Interesting, because there were a bunch of us who went to Cecil for our Pre-comms. I don't know what to tell you. I think they went away for us around 98 (I did my precomm in '97 there). Maybe something to do w/ the ECP status? I know you didn't have it the whole time, but still.
Yea, I don't know. My recollection of Cecil was driving a bus around for the new midshipmen. Good times. :D

Steve Wilkins

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Which is funny, because when I did one of the indocs, it was at Jax! <insert Twilight Zone music>
Yea, I've done indocs at JAX too. Man, I loved driving that bus around. Was certainly better than marching people around, that's for sure.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Yea, I've done indocs at JAX too. Man, I loved driving that bus around. Was certainly better than marching people around, that's for sure.

That's why I had a SGT to do such things. :) I'm guessing we were probably out there at the same time. I think webmaster was there when I was out there, continuing his slackass Logistics Officer contributions.