• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flight Physical??????

gringo

I am getting my Flight Physical in a couple weeks before i go to OCC 190. I arrive sunday and depart thursday. Can anyone tell me why i need to be there so long? And what exactly they do?

Thanks,
Gringo

E6286

OCC 191 Select
I didn't even know you could get accepted without a flight phys. are you NFO or SNA? What happens if you don't pass part of it?

Also, you will do a bunch of fasting blood work which is why you are there for a few days, chest x-rays, dental, cyclo eye exam. Nothing drastic. You will be good to go. Its just a pain, but not that bad. Where are you doing it?

gringo

I'm an SNA. Well if i don't pass part of it....I'm not done.

I'm doing it at Pensacola. I live in Pittsburgh. Are you tied down to the base at night, or do you have freedom to do whatever? When i did MEPS i had to stay over night at our Reserve Base at PIT. It sucked so bad. I got there at 3pm and did nothing until 4 am that morning.

IRfly

None
I got accepted BDCP for NFO without a flight physical. My physical was about 2.5 hours long at the local Navy reserve center one fine Saturday morning...That's a good question, though. What if I don't pass a real flight physical?

danthaman

The right to keep and bear arms
no alcohol for 78 hours prior to your blood being drawn, and no food or drink except water for 24 hours prior to your blood being drawn. Other than that I guess you could do what you want. I went to great lakes for mine, but I wasn't there for 4 days, only overnight. We were not confined, we could leave.