• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flight Physical

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pheidippides

Can anyone who has already done the flight physical give me a brief on what it consist of, how long I should expect to be there, ect.?

SFgirl

I was there for about 8 hours. The day started for me with blood work and then a chest X-ray. Then they did a depth perception test and did my pulse (resting and elevated), blood pressure, and anthros. After that I had an EKG and met with a flight surgeon. After a brief lunch break, I went to the dentist and then to the eye doc, which is when I had my eyes dilated.

Pheidippides said:
Can anyone who has already done the flight physical give me a brief on what it consist of, how long I should expect to be there, ect.?

Raptor2216

I had to go back a few times but overall I would say it took about 6hrs or so. They usually do the cyclo last since you can't do much else when you're blind as a bat. I had the goodluck of getting a good doc to look over my record at the end so he ended up having to read this paper that you are supposed to check off.

The first day I had dental, second day I had the drug test and then they made an appointment for the hearing, eye and medical exam for the next day. A lot of it also depends on the the competency level of the folks working there. It was a bit of a hassle having to go over and over again but now its done and i'm good to go for TBS.

UORBulldog

physical

I'm an air contract and I just went through the normal MEPS physical, and then did the eye test with my own eye doctor at home, didn't take very long at all

samadma

OCC-169 Grad
PLC'er only need a Cyclo which you can get at any eye doctors office. However, OCC'ers need the full flight physical. Time it takes depends on where you go to get your flight physical. I hope that helps.

Pheidippides

Flight Test

I just got back from mine on Friday... it took roughly 6 hrs as everyone said... however they would have gotten me out of there in like 3 had everything been in order but someone forgot to schedule me at the clinic after my OSO had called repeatedly and I had a confirmation # and everything... anyhow, I was suppose to do the Cyclo first at like 0730 but when I got there at 0700 they sent me to dental and then to radiology so when I got back at 0830 they said it was too late to do the Cyclo and I would have to come back next week... I got on the horn to my OSO and he gave a nice ass chewing and they did the cyclo right then and there...YES the cyclo makes you blind as a bat for about 3 hours. Anyways, I had a cool Doc look over my stuff as well and it all went real smooth.

Status
Not open for further replies.