• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flight Physicals

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
As a pre-comm physical, it might be a little tougher. If you're already in the pipeline, it's a non-issue as long as you can control them. Flonase, Claritin, and Allegra are all authorized and don't require a waiver, but again, that's once you're foot is in the door. Not sure about a Pre-comm or NAMI physical.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter-accusations. Maybe those allergies will develop after you get winged.

BigRed389

None
On that note...I'm not sure what to answer when they ask if I've had high blood pressure.

I HAVE had high bp readings in the past that are on my health record but it's always taken during visits for other issues...like while I also had the flu, etc.

Are they asking if I've ever had a single high bp reading...or have i been DIAGNOSED with high bp as a condition? I've never been given meds or anything like that, and I took a recent check just to be sure and had 140/83...and the doc said the higher number probably was a little higher from a white coat syndrome spike.

The Stinkster

Now who do I blame?
pilot
On the high bp thing....if you have a reading in the 140/83 range, the docs will do a three day series for hypertension. This will involve coming in at least twice a day to get your bp checked in the standing and prone positions. It is to eliminate white coat anxiety and find out if you really have a problem. If you do it is on the meds and requires a waiver, and we have already hashed out the differences between NAMI odds of acceptance and after you are in the pipline, so I won't rehash that again.

AppleCello

I would take that question to mean, "A history of high blook pressure for which you have received medical attention." Everyone has high blood pressure from time to time due to stress, anxiety, or whatever. I dont have any solid info to base that on or anyhting, just my impression.