• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flight School?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickPollock19

Prospective Candidate for OCS
Before I sign up for OCS, i want to take the flight test. Does anyone know where there is material for me to study for this test?
Thanks

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Do you mean the ASTB? That's the test that you have to take to be able to "sign up" for OCS. There's a recent post by webmaster that should have some study gouge. Let me know if you can't find it.

NickPollock19

Prospective Candidate for OCS
What is the ASTB? the only tests that i have taken so far is the ASVAB. Im talking about the test to get accepted to go to OCS as a flight officer. My OSO told me about it, where if i want to be a pilot, i need to pass this test to get accpeted to flight school. You will have to forgive me, i don't know that much about this.

signud

Final Select SNA
The ASTB (Aviation Selection Test Battery) is the test all officer applicants have to take, regardless of designation, before applying for OCS. The ASTB is the test given out by the Navy and Marines, and the ASVAB is for other military branches.

I hope that helps a bit.

mizzoufan

I cut and paste the weblink that the webmaster gives, but I get nothing. Can anyone help? I am new to this website and I don't know any other way to get there. Thanks

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
FYI the ASVAB is for enlisted ranks, and I think all branches of the service use it.

mizzoufan, what link are you referring to?

Nick - you will take the ASTB. There's a practice test floating around on the site, it will help you A LOT if you can find it. I'll email it to you if you need.

Dustball

2nd LT
FYI bcgeib: ASVAB is not just used for enlisted ranks. If you don't score high enough on your ACT or SAT you have to score above a certain number (I believe its 75, its been awhile) on the ASVAB to be qualified to even send your package to the board. Marines only take the ASTB if there applying for SNA or SNFO.

ben

not missing sand
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Dustball said:
FYI bcgeib: ASVAB is not just used for enlisted ranks. If you don't score high enough on your ACT or SAT you have to score above a certain number (I believe its 75, its been awhile) on the ASVAB to be qualified to even send your package to the board. Marines only take the ASTB if there applying for SNA or SNFO.

That's news to me - thanks for letting me know. I didn't take the ASVAB and really did think it was only used in qualifying enlisted applicants for certain jobs. Also didn't know that about the Marines - again, thanks.

Dustball

2nd LT
Nick: No, I'm saying you would not have to take the ASVAB. It doesn't matter if you score perfect on the ACT you still have to take the ASTB to qualify for aviation.

napalm

^

Go to "forum jump" then look for gouge. Once there, check the thread that says "gouge downloads" post #2. There you go!

p.s. you will need acrobat reader, it's in pdf format.

stevew

If you have a 1000 or higher on your SAT's you don't need to take the ASVAB. I'm not sure what ACT score you would need though if you took that instead. If you have lower than a 1000 then I think you only need to score a 75 on the ASVAB. There is a book published by Arco to help you prepare for it. The one with the American flag on the cover I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.