• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flight Simulator X

Afterburner76

Life is Gouda
pilot
Just purchased MS Flight Sim X Deluxe Ed.

Does anyone know how to add and/or use the add-ons that are out there. i.e. the different downloads for aircraft, scenery, etc.

Layman's terms appreciated... I know jack squat about computers and software....:confused:

also, anyone know if there are any T-45 add-ons?

one more thing, does anyone have any joystick suggestions? which brand/model?

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
Lamen is a general term for a magical pendant worn around the neck so that it hangs upon the breast over the heart. Its uses vary but generally is a comandment of authority. The magician wears a lamen which is a symbolic representation of his relation to his godhead. He will wear lamens made of the sigils of spirits he wishes to command.
...hmm... Do you equate computers with magic?

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
isn't that why I have an "I Believe Button" installed on my keyboard.....?

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
...hmm... Do you equate computers with magic?

Dude... computers are magic. They run on magic smoke, as do all electronic devices. Ever notice how when one starts smoking, it stops working? Its the magic smoke escaping.

Of course, there's more to it than just magic smoke... you also need Tron guys, but that's getting too technical.

Afterburner76

Life is Gouda
pilot
ok ok, before the threadjack gets too outta hand...

looking for some real answers people... trying to make the friggin thing work here...

Ecureuil444

Habitual Waster of Time
If all you're looking for are additional planes, there are usually websites where you can download them for free in a fairly straightforward manner. I remember when Combat Flight Simulator 2 was all the rage I had all kinds of stuff like F-14s and ospreys.

I'd just try googling it.

Afterburner76

Life is Gouda
pilot
i've found some sites, but once you d/l the add-on, it goes into whatever folder you saved it. then how do you get it "put into" the game itself? i know i could try posting on tech forums, but i figured there's prob enough people on here that have the game and could offer up some hints.

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
There is usually a readme file that comes with the download and it usually gives the info in there of what folder to cut and paste into. Sometimes you download a file with an autoloader feature, which does everything for you. Those are the exception.

Ecureuil444

Habitual Waster of Time
i've found some sites, but once you d/l the add-on, it goes into whatever folder you saved it. then how do you get it "put into" the game itself? i know i could try posting on tech forums, but i figured there's prob enough people on here that have the game and could offer up some hints.

Just go through 'my computer' and find the file you downloaded then open another 'my computer' window and find the Flight Simulator X file. Sift through all the different components and there should be a file called "aircraft" or something similar. Open that up and just drag and drop your downloaded plane from your other window.

That should work but if not then thats all I've got without loooking at it.

millerjd

Stayin' alive
www.flightsim.com

go to the bottom of the page and click the big "Go To Main Page" sign up and search away. Not a lot of stuff for FSX but most of the FS9 stuff works in it anyways.

FSX aircraft files are under the simobjects folder (I think) but there are usually as mentioned above 'howto' steps with each download as they will break up the sound fx, scenery, gauges and other stuff into separate folders upon unzipping.

Tex_Hill

Airborne All the Way!!!

ItsTurboTime

Sorry to threadjack, but on the subject of sims where you get to blow stuff up...

I have a fancy new computer on the way, and I've been searching for a game that has a substantial focus on CAS. I saw a military helicopter add-on for MSFS that looked mediocre...Also F/A-18 Korea looked like it might be fun, and there is an OIF add-on. Anyone try that? Other suggestions?

Lawman

None
F/A-18 Korea looked like it might be fun, and there is an OIF add-on. Anyone try that? Other suggestions?

Crap, complete and utter crap. F/A-18 Korea and OIF are just updated graphics packages of a game that came out in 1997. The flight modelling is terrible, the AI sucks, and the avialable weapons and loadouts leave a lot to be desired though you do get to nuke North Koreans.