• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flight Time per Month?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
So what's the fleet like nowadays as far as flight time is concerned?

How many hours are people getting per month deployed and stateside?

SteveG75

Retired and starting that second career
None
Lows if know of:
- 15 hours a month as a RAG instructor (jet availabilty)
- Less than 10 hours in 90 days (no jets)
- Average approx 18 hours a month on cruise (72 traps in 8 months, floating around WESTPAC in 2003)

Highs I know of:
- 75+ hour months (Allied Force)
- 80 hour months (OEF, Afghanistan)

There are no hard and fast rules out there but generally more flight time during workuops and when deployed. I have gotten a 40+ hour month while home and 15 hour months deployed.

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Viking 1st tour - 1300 hours (1550 total) 350 traps
Workups & deployment - 60-75 hrs/mo
turnaround - 20-35 hrs/mo

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Lts getting 15-20 a month
IPs getting 20-25 or so. It fluctuates a bit but not bd over all

TransvestFO

Seven years of college, down the drain.
Don't want to sound rediculous because I don't want this comment to skip off the surface. This forum is an "open source" for military information. Don't fool yourself into thinking it can't be used by... whomever. I am just asking that we are careful in terms of OPSEC and what info we give up open source. I know this info doesn't sound specific, but as a piece of a larger puzzle... Hope that doesn't hurt anyones feelings.

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Not a whole of lot good flight time for COD guys. A good month might net you 30 hours. A standard month might get you 15 hours. On cruise, it just depends. I left my first tour with 1310 hours total, not so great. Best month during Enduring Freedom, 121 hours. Second best just recently with 75 hours during Unified Assistance. Third was 65 hours during FCLP's/CQ when I was an instructor at the FRS.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Anybody getting 100 hour waivers from the Flight Quacks? Back in the day as an instructor at Whiting that was pretty common - I have quite a few 110 hour months

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
ChuckMK23 said:
Anybody getting 100 hour waivers from the Flight Quacks? Back in the day as an instructor at Whiting that was pretty common - I have quite a few 110 hour months

If I my recollection from OPNAV 3710 is correct, you don't need a flight doc waiver unless you exceed 60hrs in a week or 120 hours in a month.

bart27

bunk, Might you know how C2 hours compare to E2? Is there a huge difference or are they comparable?

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
IP's at whiting are still doing pretty good on flight time. There are the usual flight time waiver guys every month.

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I had a waiver for most of my last cruise for flight hours, but I was one of a few only. OPNAVINST 3710.7T Fig 8-4 is the chart for max recommended.

For me, it was:
Single Piloted A/C column with limits of 6.5 hrs a day, 30 hrs/7 days, 65 hrs in 30 days, 165 hrs in 90 days, 595 hrs in 365 days.

The rest is broken down by:
Multipiloted pressurized ejection seat a/c - 12hrs/day, 50 hrs/7 days, 80 hrs/30 days, 200 hrs/90 days, 720 hrs/365 days
Multipiloted non-pressurized a/c - 12hrs/day, 50 hrs/7 days, 100 hrs/30 days, 265 hrs/90days, 960 hrs/365 days
Multipiloted pressurized a/c - 12 hrs/day, 50 hrs/ 7 days, 12 hrs/30 days, 320 hrs/90 days, 1120 hrs/365 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.