• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flu shot

E6286

OCC 191 Select
My employer is giving free flu shots this month. I am going to OCC 191, do they give them there or should I go ahead and get it now? I figure its going to be cold, might as well make sure I stay as healthy as possible.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I would get it and document it. I brought my civilian shot records down and saved myself about 4 shots. Even if they give you teh flu shot again you should already be immune and not get any effects.

FLYMARINES

Doing Flips and Shit.
pilot
Yeah, do what Skid said and bring your records. When I went to OCS I didn't bring my records and had to get seven shots. Sucks when you have to do the PFT the next day and your arms are still sore.

crysmc

MH-60S Pilot Wife
Super Moderator
Contributor
When my husband reported to API, he had to get all of the same shots he got three months prior, while he was in OCS. The Navy had apparently lost his shot records. So, I'd recommend definitely keeping a copy of your civilian records just in case. Let's hope the Marines keep better track of their shot records for your sake.

E6286

OCC 191 Select
If they end up giving me a second shot at OCS will it hurt me if I had already had one?

saltpeter

The miltary will issue you a shot record card. I'd suggest you always bring this with you to physical or a flu shot may not be the only one you'll get twice.