• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Flying Clubs

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcnj

Does anyone know anything about military or civilian flying clubs in NJ area?
I have heard there is one at Lakehurst NAS. I also am considering civilian clubs as a way to get to fly something a little faster and sexier than a C172.
Thank you.

The Chief

Retired
Contributor
Lakehurst Navy Flying Club (60055) (UIC 68335)
Attn: MWR Flying Club Manager
NAES Lakehurst Bldg 123 Code 8.6.2
Lakehurst, NJ 08733
CLUB: (732) 323-2286 DSN 624-2286
MGR: (732) 974-6883
FAX: DSN 992-0717 or 987-3916
E-MAIL: wade.ca@verizon.net

peanut3479

pilot
I flew at an AF Aero Club before I joined the military; I'm from the midwest, so I don't know anything about clubs on either coast. I can tell you, however, that military flying clubs are a great deal. I flew at a civilian FBO prior to that, and I cut my flight training costs by about 20-25% when I switched. As far as aircraft, there wasn't much out of the ordinary. I now regret not getting any time in the one T-34B they had, but other than that it was C-172s and Warriors; nothing ultra-sexy or super fast.

heynowlookout

pilot
Contributor
I know McGuire AFB used to have a flying club, not sure if they still do. There's another at South Jersey Regional Airport not far from there. I've never been involved with them so I can't comment but their website is

http://www.kenmarson.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.