• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FNG Onboard

Panda Jerk

Clever Custom User Title
Hello everyone,

Name's Tony and I live in Orlando. I'm 21, and I'm about done with my first year in college. A little bit of my background is in my profile if you care to know more.

Ok, from what I've read the Navy is pretty liberal when it comes to allowing what types of majors are accepted... I'm going for a B.S. in Criminal Justice. It's the most practical thing I can think of that I'd like to do that I can eventually use.

Yes, I want to be a pilot. Is it possible with this degree? Or am I going to get laughed at on the way out of meeting the OSO?

I'm about done with my first year of college and I'm going to try and swing the BDCP next December.

Thanks in advance.

-T

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
You can be a pilot with a criminal justice degree.

To quote myself,
Flight school is designed to take a guy who doesn't know the front end of an airplane from a donkey's hind end and teach him how to fly an airplane safely and proficiently.

Panda Jerk

Clever Custom User Title
Thanks for the reply.

Anyone know who the OSO is in Orlando/Central Florida?

All of the enlisted recruiting offices around here look at me like I asked them what the square root of something is when I ask them who is/where I can find the Officer recruiter.

Stupid line, but; any advice on what to do to help make the process as smooth as possible? I know I have another year to wait.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
A friend of mine is a COD guy with a degree in philosophy. Just get your degree and do well in whatever it is.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
Thanks for the reply.

Anyone know who the OSO is in Orlando/Central Florida?

All of the enlisted recruiting offices around here look at me like I asked them what the square root of something is when I ask them who is/where I can find the Officer recruiter.

Stupid line, but; any advice on what to do to help make the process as smooth as possible? I know I have another year to wait.

As shitty as this sounds, there might not be an Officer Recruiter in Orlando. You fall under the NRD Jacksonville branch.

In fact, I just tried to find the Officer recruiter using Navy.com and punching in a Winter Springs zip code...it spits out an enlisted recruiter for Sanford, and says to call: 800-342-8123 for an Officer recruiter.

Best of luck to you.

http://www.navy.com/action/findarecruiter/results/

Panda Jerk

Clever Custom User Title
That's the same number I pulled too. Another member on the site gave me some contact info for the recruiter in Orlando... I'm going to call him tomorrow.