• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

force shaping

markkyle66

...Seems to be the big thing going on in the Air Force at the moment. Is the Navy dealing with this also? I'm curious about how it potentially could affect opportunities for future officers... I'm only a Cadet so I thought I'd ask what you guys have to say.

wrk

Why would the air force work on something so boring as force shaping? Force lightning or force choke would be much cooler.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
...Seems to be the big thing going on in the Air Force at the moment. Is the Navy dealing with this also? I'm curious about how it potentially could affect opportunities for future officers... I'm only a Cadet so I thought I'd ask what you guys have to say.
Yes, they are, to some extent. Not familiar with the details of the AF plan, but certain year groups of Navy officers (those commissioned in 02, 03, and I believe 04) have basically been under the restriction that if you fail to complete your initial pipeline training (flight school/nuke school/SWO/etc.), you're out. No lateral transfers or redesignations. This was a big deal for most of the time I was in flight school. The goal was to reduce the amount of Os in those groups due to overmanning.

snake020

Contributor
air farce is cutting 40,000 across all ranks, but that's on top of another plan to board officers that hit the 3 year commissioned service mark and meet specific manning quotas to push them out.