• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Foreigner in the Navy

olivier.godbout

Hi everyone !

This is my first post in this forum, I want to ask questions about my situation.

I always wanted to fly, and recently I was shut-off by the Canadian Air Force because of my vision which isn't perfect. Since our military doesn't allow us to get laser eye surgery, I'm starting to look south of the border ....

I'm currently studying in business in university. I have better-than-average grades. I'm also in the Primary Reserve as a vehicule technician.

So I wanted to ask what procedure would I have to go through to get in the US Navy. Is there option for foreigners to join in the armed services ? Thanks for answering guys.

BigRed389

None
Based on my family's experiences, if you're a permanent resident(green card holder) you can ENLIST in the Navy.

To become an officer in the Navy(which is what you have to be to fly) you have to be a US citizen, basic requirement.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
Yes, foreign citizen can join our military. However, they cannot be officers. Only officers fly in the Navy.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yes, foreign citizen can join our military. However, they cannot be officers. Only officers fly in the Navy.

How about Aircrewmen?

pn-aircr.gif

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
First a thread about Europe and now Foreigner? Whats with all these 80's bands?

MasterBates

We have a canadian in our squadron that is an AW. He's not a citizen, becasue that was the show stopper when we were looking to get him on STA-21