• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Former Marine/Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

elzie

All
I'm a former Marine SSgt with 11 1/2 years of faithful service.(EAS was yesterday. My plan is to attend Navy OCS. I just wanted to ask a few questions so I won't go in blind when I submit the package. Over all I did real well while enlisted I just wanted a change. Can anyone tell me if I'll have trouble getting the age waiver and what program I would have the best shot at. I just care about the commission and will be happy with what ever I get, but FYI I was Aviation Supply in the Marines).

here are my stats.

-Age-just turned 34
-I have taken the ASTB and rec an OAR-43/AQR-3/PFAR-3/NFOFAR-2/PBI-5/NFOBI-2.
-I have finished all requirements will be graduating with a B.A. in general educationfrom Charter Oak State College in Nov, GPA (2.7).

-while enlisted I received 6 NAMS/3 Good Conducts/Certcoms/Masts/LOA's etc..., I was stationed on North Island for 3 years and was selected as the COMNAVAIRPAC staff Marine of the year and all of my fitreps/evals are outstanding.

-participated in both Southern watch and Enduring freedom lastyear.

-Will get rec letters from Navy and Marine 0-5's and 0-6's

-PRT won't be a problem.

Semper Fi!
Elzie

Goliath112

you look real competitve elzie. have you recieved the age waiver yet? hmm be prepared fo the question of "why did you get out?" since you have a lot of prior time you might should a waiver but, they might call you when you apply for certian things. What are you applying for anyway? Supply I presume.

man the wait is killing me

elzie

Goliath112,

I don't have the waiver yet. They seem to be pushing me towards intel, they say it's because of my age, however what they tell me and what the reg's say don't jive with reguards to age waivers! I loved the Corps and still do but, I want my commission and to be honest I would make A GOOD Marine officer candidate but, I would make an OUTSTANDING Navy officer candidate!

Elzie

elzie

Goliath112,

Taking my age into consideration I beleive that there is less of a chance for injury at Navy OCS. If I were to get injured and recycled or droped I could run out of time and not be commissioned before my 35th B-day. Thay said that I can get a waiver but only for Intel? That's not what the 1420.1 say's. Can anyone shed light on this?

Elzie

Vic

Your MOM!
pilot
I got an age waiver. It's automatic when you apply. You don't have to do a thing, but submit your DD214 with your package. You can get up to a four year waiver not to exceed your 35th B-day.

Don't sweat the small stuff!

jjitaly2001

I'm currently enlisted, 34 years old, and was selected for Supply Corps. For restricted line, staff corps, you won't need a waiver as long as you get your commission before your 35th birthday. Is the age criteria different from the civilian ranks? Anyone?

Good Luck!!

John - OCS 07 December

Tessone

I don't think you can get waivered as high if you are not prior enlisted.

--
Chris Tessone
http://www.polyglut.net/

Status
Not open for further replies.