• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Fraud In Veteran's History Project

Huggy Bear

pilot
It is really sad that people sink so low as to inflate their self worth with false claims. It seems like most who actually did something are really humble and downplay their involvement. Then there are the John Kerry's of the world and their how many purple hearts...

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
This is nothing short of disturbing. I'm kind of a History buff as I received my degree in it... and to read this just makes my shake me head. Like Huggy was saying, there are hundreds of perfectly honorable, and for the most part humble vets out there. I know many of them. Hopefully they are able to straighten this thing out and still give respect where respect is due.

Unfortunately, History is made by those who write it, not the other way around.

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
I said it before in another thread, but you'd better gird up for some real bullshit after OEF/OIF.
Even though it's a smaller military and theoretically easier to verify, there's going to be some real douchebags out there claiming all kinds of crap.
Look at the media outlets that have seized upon "veterans" experiences in Iraq that turned out to be totally bogus.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
When I was in the post office today...an old guy came in and was "joking" about how a "shot-up" veteran should get some free stamps...seeing my obvious haircut and my reaction to how he said it, he shut up and beat feet without saying anything else....there are more of these people out there than you would think...makes me sick...on the other hand, I saw a young man in a wheelchair sans legs in a restaurant on Friday night with a high and tight and a USMC sticker on his chair...he did not say a word.

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
^^ Its sad that patriotism and respect for elders has taken a backseat in some areas in this country. Vets past and present have sacrificed a lot. A lot of people forget, perhaps because of their political views and what not. I think everyone could benefit from a short trip to their local VA hospital. Thats where the real men are.

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
Yea, it is sad. As mentioned in the article, maybe they should have asked the Vets to sign a release form for records.