• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

From the horse's mouth

Status
Not open for further replies.

WFU2USN

Hello Everyone,

I just spoke w/ my recruiter's office here in Atlanta. She said that OCS is pretty much closed unless you want to leave after October 1, 2003 (FY04). They're also not submitting any NFO/SNA packages unless the OAR is at least a 50 and GPA is 3.5.

Of course there are exceptions...
bigmouth_125.gif
that make us all wonder what the deal is.

Just thought I'd share.

Robin
turtle_125.gif

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
Are you going into the Navy?

Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men.
-Col.3:23-

WFU2USN

EA-6B1,

I've been in the Navy/Naval Reserve since 1994, so there's no more "going in" for me since I'm already there. :-P

I was picked up for OCS as an NFO last summer with a class date of 28 June 2003. I'm having double vision issues though, so it's up in the air. I'm waiting on more paper work for my Officer recruiter to send to the medical review people so they can decide to NPQ me or wait longer.

Fun, fun, fun.

:)Robin

BYSun

Double vision?? Did you fracture your ocular orbit? or is it nerve related and fixable via surgery? Forgive me if I am being intrusive, just curious. :>

Bryce

In the end it all comes down to a simple choice, get busy livin' or get busy dyin' - The Shawshank Redemption

Brianlegg

"They're also not submitting any NFO/SNA packages unless the OAR is at least a 50 and GPA is 3.5."

Are you saying the recruiter is not submitting the package or the Board is not accepting?

Brian

WFU2USN

BYsun - I 've always had a lazy eye - it's just decided to start getting lazy when I'm tired - surgery may fix it, we'll see.

Brian - the Chief said the Board wasn't.taking them. However, the Navy being the Navy, I'm sure there are exceptions out there.

:)Robin

BYSun

Tali, Anthropology...but I was premed until I realized I would rather be strapped naked to a fireant hill than go through med school. Just another vignette in a long and winding road to OCS ~_^

Robin, good luck with the surgery. Is it scheduled soon or are you waiting to hear if it will be waived by NAMI?

Bryce

In the end it all comes down to a simple choice, get busy livin' or get busy dyin' - The Shawshank Redemption

WFU2USN

All the info. will go to NAMI after my next eye doc. visit...so we shall see what NAMI has to say then! wahoo!

Status
Not open for further replies.