• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

frs

staff03

Is the location that you complete FRS the same location that you are stationed at for the first part of your career? Also, how long are you typically stationed at any given location?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Is the location that you complete FRS the same location that you are stationed at for the first part of your career? Also, how long are you typically stationed at any given location?

Depends on the kind of aircraft. Your first sea and shore tours should be about three years each.

Brett

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
No, not all FRS are co-located with their fleet squadrons. It really depends on the community you are going into.

Most officer tours are 24-36 months, with exceptions of course.

Nose

pilot

Some communities only have one FRS, but squadrons based on both (3 including Japan) coasts. If there are multiple FRSs, you get sent based on 4 things: Needs of the Navy, Needs of the Navy, Needs of the Navy, and your preference.

How long you are in a location depends again on community and the four things listed above. I spent my entire, illustrious, 12 year active duty time (after flight school, of course) in Virginia Beach. RAG/Fleet squadron/Fleet Squadron/RAG IP/LSO School/Air Wing Staff. As my buddy Borat would say "Very Nice." I have a good friend, started when I did, that moved about 5 times in the same 11 year period. It used to be bad to "homestead", not quiet as bad these days, but doing the "hard" tours (Japan is primary) is always a tie-breaker come DH and Command Screen.