• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Frustrated

Status
Not open for further replies.

eic

I have been religiously reading these forums and posts for probably three or four months now. I submitted my application originally on December 1st. The app then sat on my recruiter's desk for a month and now six months later, I have found out I have not been professionally recommended (I reapplied about six weeks ago)
banghead_125.gif

So now I am considering the other branches, probably the Army most seriously as it "makes up 45% of the Armed Forces," according to the recruiter I spoke with today, and therefore, accepts more persons than any other branch.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Has anyone been in a similar situation? Thoughts on enlisting and then applying for officer school? Anything thoughts at all?

EIC

uncledave

Don't quit on the Navy just yet. Do you have any weak areas in your application? If so, try working on those. Reapplying shows determination and I'm sure they like seeing that. If you are going for SNA or SNFO then try getting more flight hours. Have you considered taking the ASTB again? You wouldn't be first to get in after multiple attempts so keep trying.

"Only those Americans who are willing to die for their country are fit to live." -General Douglas MacArthur

Crowbar

None
I believe I am fully qualified to say this...NEVER GIVE UP.

I first applied for a commissioning program in the junior year of high school (1993). Didn't get it. Enlisted in the Marine Corps, and several long and frustrating years later (you with your "Oh, I waited six whole months" business) I finally got accepted into a program in October 2001. Not a typo. Eight years.

NEVER GIVE UP. Oh, yeah...GOOD LUCK.

Status
Not open for further replies.