• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY08 package insight...

53Crewman

FY09 STA-21 Pilot Alternate
Just wanted to inform you guys of some gouge that I have been hearing for the past couple months. Supposedly the Pilot and Nurse options are wide open this year. I thought a couple times before posting this and giving out false hope but this is the 4th time that I have heard it. I have been hearing this alot from officers at my command but heard this today from my career counselor who had to call the "sta-21" office. He told me that he spoke with someone by the name of Mike about all of the packages he sent. He said that Mike discussed all of the option quotas and stated that Pilot and Nursing were pretty good. Not trying to spread bad rumors, so if anyone else has heard anything, POST IT.

blur

A-pool
I think I read over at usnavyocs.com that there are ~90 SNA slots available and ~40 NFO slots. I'm not sure of the credibility of the guy that posted that, so take it with a grain of salt. I'll try to find the post when I get off work.

user2176

STA-21 Core Selectee FY08
Contributor
Rumor also has it that there is a need for officers in the IP community. There is a new program coming up for ETs and ITs (maybe more rates too) that already have their degrees to get SWO qualified and then immediately transfer to the IP community. This was mentioned by a visiting LDO from that community.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
OCS numbers shouldn't have anything to do with STA-21 numbers. Also, the guys applying for STA-21 right now would not be factored into the FY-08 numbers. Guys like me who were accepted during the FY-05 cycle are the ones being factored into the FY-08 numbers right now. Anyone applying for STA-21 right now would be affecting FY-09 at the earliest, and more than likely the FY-11 numbers if they use all three years of school.

blur

A-pool
Ahh crap, didn't notice this was under "Enlisted Commissioning Programs"...

Well atleast we know there are good number of slots floating around out there...