• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

FY20 Oct. 28, 2019 SNA/NFO Board

Bubbagump1245

Well my recruiter just called me and told me I'm PQ for pilot! If anyone is stressing check out my situation:

1) Filled out pre-screen documents early July which included 40 pages of medical records from a broken ankle with two titanium screws that remain, and a partially torn ACL which required surgery. I did indicate that I ran track through high school and college after these injuries occurred so maybe that helped.

2) MEPS 7/31 - Orthopedic surgeon was in that day and inspected my knee and ankle... vision was good, depth perception is now some booklet and pretty easy... blood pressure was borderline cause I was nervous as HELL for the depth perception haha

3) PQ letter 8/20

Thank the Lord
Hi! I was wondering if have a knee surgery to repair a torn meniscus is disqualifying from trying to be a pilot? It’s something that I really want to do and if I need surgery again should I even attempt to try?
-Thanks!

Astro_Rekt

13-20, commissioned in July of 2020. Just finished my last instrument sim of primary… Just goes to show how much timing plays a role in the flow of things ?

Bill427

Temporary Corpus Christi resident
Hi! I was wondering if have a knee surgery to repair a torn meniscus is disqualifying from trying to be a pilot? It’s something that I really want to do and if I need surgery again should I even attempt to try?
-Thanks!
Am currently at OCS, SNA contract, and I had a meniscus repair 3 years ago. It definitely can be done, just make sure all pertinent docs are available for review and you get the flight doc to verify you're fit for full.

After submission of my package NAMI had more a few questions about my knee and my flight doc called me to confirm I can run, swim, lift etc. He then conveyed that info to NAMI and several months later I was prorec Y. Stay healthy, and make them tell you no!

Bubbagump1245

Am currently at OCS, SNA contract, and I had a meniscus repair 3 years ago. It definitely can be done, just make sure all pertinent docs are available for review and you get the flight doc to verify you're fit for full.

After submission of my package NAMI had more a few questions about my knee and my flight doc called me to confirm I can run, swim, lift etc. He then conveyed that info to NAMI and several months later I was prorec Y. Stay healthy, and make them tell you no!
Is getting a waiver easy to get for a repair or having a part of the meniscus removed? And what scores are good for the ASTB? My GPA in college wasn’t very high(around a 2.7).

Tumbleweed33

Is getting a waiver easy to get for a repair or having a part of the meniscus removed? And what scores are good for the ASTB? My GPA in college wasn’t very high(around a 2.7).

Also, go look at more recent SNA/SNFO boards. This will give you an idea of what scores were competitive at the last Board. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...lmcgzqxD_BzFNruU6t_-E0eRA/edit#gid=1579855027

Bill427

Temporary Corpus Christi resident
dude that's wild my undergrad gpa was a 2.7 as well... but my master's in IT was a 3.5 so there's that.

OAR was a 58, def use the prep books from barnes and noble or wherever kids get books these days. I got picked up for SNA with a 6/7/6. Idk maybe get a couple flight hours? Even that might set you apart from people without any and make up for bad grades? I didn't need it but it's probably a good thing to have.

I myself never submitted a waiver for the knee, pretty sure I just have an age one. My flight physical covered the knee along with the rest of me. The doc had me sit, stand, twerk etc and he signed that everything was good and sent it all off. NAMI wrote him back for more details on the knee repair, he got them from me ("yes doc I run and lift a lot, it's good to go"), he told them as much, and a few weeks later I got word that I was approved to apply.

I *did* have to submit an age waiver, it was a super easy command-headered letter I wrote up and handed to my CSO, who signed it and I just slapped that into my package and sent it off with the quickness.

Currently haven't had anyone at OCS ask about my knee, not expecting anything at this point but who the hell knows. COVID has this place spinning on its head (ROM has like 60 people in it, RHC is almost a full-sized class), people are getting rolled constantly and medical is obviously overwhelmed with all this. So maybe my record is just lost in the mix, and it all comes out week 12 that HN Timmy found my record at the bottom of the stack and I need to do a bunch of ortho follow-up stuff in a hurry. More to follow?

GoldLeaf

dude that's wild my undergrad gpa was a 2.7 as well... but my master's in IT was a 3.5 so there's that.

OAR was a 58, def use the prep books from barnes and noble or wherever kids get books these days. I got picked up for SNA with a 6/7/6. Idk maybe get a couple flight hours? Even that might set you apart from people without any and make up for bad grades? I didn't need it but it's probably a good thing to have.

I myself never submitted a waiver for the knee, pretty sure I just have an age one. My flight physical covered the knee along with the rest of me. The doc had me sit, stand, twerk etc and he signed that everything was good and sent it all off. NAMI wrote him back for more details on the knee repair, he got them from me ("yes doc I run and lift a lot, it's good to go"), he told them as much, and a few weeks later I got word that I was approved to apply.

I *did* have to submit an age waiver, it was a super easy command-headered letter I wrote up and handed to my CSO, who signed it and I just slapped that into my package and sent it off with the quickness.

Currently haven't had anyone at OCS ask about my knee, not expecting anything at this point but who the hell knows. COVID has this place spinning on its head (ROM has like 60 people in it, RHC is almost a full-sized class), people are getting rolled constantly and medical is obviously overwhelmed with all this. So maybe my record is just lost in the mix, and it all comes out week 12 that HN Timmy found my record at the bottom of the stack and I need to do a bunch of ortho follow-up stuff in a hurry. More to follow?
"had me sit, stand, twerk etc". ???

FloridaDad

Hey man, come join us at the thread for the upcoming board (we're active there, this thread is basically dead at this point): https://www.airwarriors.com/community/threads/23may2022-sna-snfo-board.48542/

Also ASTB questions can be asked in this thread (which is quite active despite being 20 years old): https://www.airwarriors.com/communi...st-your-scores-ask-your-questions-here.28348/

Also if you're prepping for ASTB you're gonna want to make use of this simulator: https://www.airwarriors.com/communi...the-performance-based-measures-section.47929/

I'm currently prepping for my second attempt at the exam (scored 65, 7/6/7 on my first attempt) so if you have any questions about studying I'm right in the thick of it so shoot me a message!

@DefiningFire I literally wrote 4 sentences about wanting to become a Pilot. Everything else was my reasoning for wanting to serve, my accomplishments since the Navy, my motivation and patriotism, and my desire to be a naval officer above all. I don’t think it needs to be completely about being a naval aviator but it does have to be from the heart. I spoke about being a mother and wife and that’s my life at the moment.

I can send you mine if you would like to reference ?
I would love to read your statement and perhaps get your input on mine. I'm a mom as well and my husband is active duty. I was going to avoid mentioning that at all but my recruiter insisted that I did. I still only mentioned it briefly. I know my statement is well written and also souless and empty and doesn't portray who I am as a person outside of buzzwords.