• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Geez...another underwear question...plus sock ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redline

Are the commanding people really strict about the type of underwear and socks worn? For example, all boxers would be fine for OCS? And can different socks be brought that are better for running? I've heard and read different things and I'm just trying to clear it up, I'd rather not show up in 23 days with the wrong gear.

Appreciate it

RC

yeah, i was wondering the same thing. I use "no see" socks for running and Id hate to part with them.

Dave Shutter

The uniform sock is plain white crew sock. If you show up with the little mini-sock's (which I love for running, especially when it's hot) expect to hear a lot of abuse about missing the little pink balls on the heels. And get a plain running shoe wiht laces, skip the neon slip on's. Again, bring lots of underwear, t-shirts and socks. You won't get to do laundry for a full week and you will sweat like a pig, particularly bad on Wed. morning, and especially at this time of year.

Ed Williams

As for the underware issue, i personally like boxer breifs, they support, yet are still comfortable. For your room and locker inspections, you will have to display the ones that you are issued at ocs, good old tighty whities. As for what you wear week one and for the rest of your time, i guess its what you like, but deffinately stick with white....no print either for all you barney fans out there. As for socks, just bring the white crew socks, no way to get around this one, its your only choice.
ed

Status
Not open for further replies.