• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

General Aviation Types

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen

This is to all the Gen AV or 1305's that may still be out there. I was wondering if any of you guys are having any trouble getting redesignated. There are a couple of us on the JFK, I've been onboard for about a year now and only 2 have been picked up. One guy after submitting a package four times.

I hear now that the Navy is no longer sending those who attrite from initial training ie..flight school to the fleet, but sending them home instead.(can we say involuntary separation?) I ran into my boss the other day and he advised me that I should get a package in as soon as possible, because he go word of a possible rumor that the Navy needs to thin out its officer ranks, and instead of getting rid of the designated types they are going to let go of the GENAVS. Again, he said tt was just a rumor. But in case it does come down he wants us prepared.

So to my fellow GENAVS who are still out there I would appreciate any info you guys might have.

r/ THE BULL

Stephen

No, let me clarify it for you . General Aviation is where they group undesignated officers. For example when I first joined the navy I was designated to be a pilot. However, I did'nt make it through flight school. So I was sent to the fleet, until I get picked up for a new community ie..Intel, supply. (SWO?? HELLS NO!!!)

Now I hear that the training commands are no longer sending guys GENAV, if you flunk out of flight school, they send you home. I know a couple of guys that had happened to. But as for me since I am already PCS to the ship, I have the option of getting out or redesignating to another community.

I'm not trying to scare you or anything but when you get to flight training study your butt off. Being undesiganted kind of sucks because you don't have a real job.
But again to answer your qeustion the navy is not getting rid of their pilots. Sorry to confuse you, but I was just trying to see if any other GENAVS who may be members of this site have heard anything.

r/THE BULL

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
Mostly true, the people being let go are OCS guys whom the navy did not pay for any part of their schoolling (IE NROTC, USNA or BDCP). The rest, the navy sunk a ton of money into so they are not letting them go.

lowflier03

So no $hit there I was
pilot
Actually there is a guy here right now who dropped towards the end of Primary and he's pissed because the Navy just now told him that he is going home. He was an ROTC Scholarship. They said all of the officer communities are full and now they are going to send ROTC as well as Academy guys home if they attrite/drop out.

Stephen

You know that policy is going to come back and bite the navy in their
censored_125.gif
I see a scam coming here, hey I got a free education and no committment, GO NAVY! As for me, I was told last week that I need to hurry and submitt a redesignation package beore they start letting GENAVS in the fleet go. The OPS O told me if the rumor is true he do not know if it will be Fical or Calender year. However, the Navy does nothing on the Calender year.

Again all I say to these guys who post on this forum is study hard and HAVE A BACKUP PLAN!! Because it never occured to me that I would'nt make it through the program and when I did'nt I got the OH S#%ts! I'm still trying to decide what to do. "I hear that truck driving school is pretty good."

U.S.S John F. Kennedy 4 1/2 acres of soveriegn U.S territory.

THE BULL

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
Did they make that ROTC guys pay back his scholarship or did they say thanks for the try, but we made a mistake, we don't need you?

Backup plan? Where can you go? Just honestly curious if it's even possible, jobs being hard enough to find FRESH out of school...

lowflier03

So no $hit there I was
pilot
Hes not paying anything back....basically he got a free education, doesnt make sense for the Navy to do that but then again when do they ever make sense. Someone else also made it up to his last FAM flight, heard about the new "policy" and right before his last flight DOR'd saying he just realized that flying wasnt for him and he didnt like it. Talk about using the Navy for a free experience.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Just to qualify, is that just if you DOR or is it if you attrite in any way? Sounds like a pretty stupid idea to me . . .

Stephen

Hey Pat,
Forgive me of my ignorance but I've been so inudated with acronyms lately, I have no idea what the RIF is. Also, I spoke with one of my buddies the other day, he just got redesignated to crypto. He told me that during his outbrief with the CO, that the Captain informed him that the Navy was letting go of 1200 officers.(USNA & ROTC included) Again he did'nt specify fiscal or calender year.

I'm assuming that it will be next Fiscal year since this year has already been paid for.And the navy never does anything on calender year anyway. I don't know how accurate it is but I check bupers daily looking for any new intsructions that may pop up.

For you new guys who are soon going to the navy I suggest you checkout[www.bupers.navy.mil/]
It has some prety good info.
V/R THE BULL ENS

Status
Not open for further replies.