• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

General Question...

sh89

How are the helicopter pilots who deliver/pick up /do anyhing with navy seals selected ?

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
SEALS are opportunists and will pretty much work with any platform. If they require an aircraft for a mission, a squadron will be assigned and the squadron pilots will do the mission after thoroughly briefing it. SEALS also work jointly with other services and commonly do missions with Army and USAF special ops helo units.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
ghost119 said:
I think some of the spec ops infil and exfil is done by the AF MH-53 guys. I know they are not the only ones, hell, I don't even know if they deal with the seal's ops. Some of the others here will let you know more than I can tell you.

Ghost, you were almost on your way to making some rep points back. But you're starting to slip again.

Wannabees, Gonnabees, Notachanceinhells: When someone asks a specific question that can be asked by a BEEN THERE DONE THAT type, MANY of whom we have on this board, refrain from posting, and allow those folks to post an answer. Just because someone posts a question and you have some vaguely related information doesn't mean you need to post it.

Post smarter, not more often.

makana

I wake up in the morning & I piss excellence.
pilot
Ghost, you were almost on your way to making some rep points back. But you're starting to slip again.

Wannabees, Gonnabees, Notachanceinhells: When someone asks a specific question that can be asked by a BEEN THERE DONE THAT type, MANY of whom we have on this board, refrain from posting, and allow those folks to post an answer. Just because someone posts a question and you have some vaguely related information doesn't mean you need to post it.

Post smarter, not more often.
Great advice.