• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

General Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jetjock863

No go on flight...JAG???
Hey guys,

Got my navy App in right now (sna, intel) and from the sound of things, officer spots look thin. In the last few months I have been giving the marines more thought. the only real reason I never applied witht hem was because I don't feel as physically qualified. But I know that could change. I know I'm up to the challenge of being a Marine, but I just haven't looked down that road very much. So i'm just looking for some advice and guidance on this subject, and also information on the application process (same as navy??). Thanks guys.

Raptor2216

Well, I had never given the Marines a though when I was starting my application process a couple years back. At that point, I had no idea the Marines even flew fighters or anything for that matter. You didn't state if you are a college student still or if you are a grad but I think the best thing for you would be to try applying for the PLC program, if you feel up to it. You would be going for 6 weeks of training next summer if you choose to apply. If you are a junior however, you would end up in going to the 10 week program AKA OCC.

You do need to be in shape, there is no doubt about that. If you are a sophomore then you would end up in the PLC program, which is the 2 6-week deal over your summer break. The good thing about PLC is that you would get a chance to experience what Marine OCS is all about and you can decide if its right for you. You would be commisioned upon graduation from your university, if you complete OCS successfully. After that you head to The basics school(TBS) for an additional 6 months and you learn to be a basic infantry officer. Finally, you make your way to flight school and i'm sure you know the process from there.

As far as the application process goes, I don't know how different it may be from the Navy's. I would think it would be about the same but I don't know anymore on the subject than you. I do understadn the Navy's physical fitness demands are not so stringent, so that is the one major difference. Other than that, I don't know much else. I hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.