• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Gettin in Shape for First increment

AEIllini2387

I am at 234 for my PFT and I know I should be around 250 for first increment, I got 13 pullups 96 crunches and a 2221 run does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to get in better shape before PLC. Thanks

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
once i finally got selected, my mental aspect of training increased very much and i've notices physical growth at a much higher rate than before. Just think of it as do or die time. Basically just run til you feel like your heart is gonna pop. and do pullups and situps until you physically cant anymore - not until you get tired.

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
Slammer2 said:
once i finally got selected, my mental aspect of training increased very much and i've notices physical growth at a much higher rate than before. Just think of it as do or die time. Basically just run til you feel like your heart is gonna pop. and do pullups and situps until you physically cant anymore - not until you get tired.

You have less than a month till you report now. Go ahead and train your ass off for two weeks, you will probably get a few more pull-ups. However, again I'm going to remind you people who haven't been to training about the importance of showing up rested. Your last week and a half before you ship should be maintenance PT. Killing yourselves this last month could have some serious side effects that won't present themsleves until you get to training. The last thing you need to do before training is start a stress fracture or get a sprain.