• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Getting into OCS

USNattache

Can someone help me out... To become a Marine officer I must pass OCC, making me an officer and then onto TBS. What requirements are there to be eligible for OCC? Do I need to take the ASTB? Or is OCC for college grads and it is really just a long try out?

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Can someone help me out... To become a Marine officer I must pass OCC, making me an officer and then onto TBS. What requirements are there to be eligible for OCC? Do I need to take the ASTB? Or is OCC for college grads and it is really just a long try out?
Your profile says that Naval Intel is your dream. Have you had a change of heart recently?

samadma

OCC-169 Grad
Ocs Basic Application Requirements

Requirements to apply:

-Must be a United States Citizen (by birth or naturalized)

-Must be at least 17 years old, and no older than your 28th birthday for Ground, 27th Birthday for Aviation, 28th birthday for Law. (Can be waived up to 30 years if prior service, depending on length of previous service or additional education i.e. lawyers)

-Must meet the moral standards for commissioning

-Must be eligible for a Security Clearance

-Must meet Marine Corps Height Weight and Fitness Requirements

-Must be a full time student in an accredited law school, college or university (12 credits per semester) or a graduate of a 4 year university or law school.

-Must maintain a "C" Average in order to be commissioned. Students are ineligible to apply if they have attained less than a "C" average in the semester/quarter prior to application. Students on academic, disciplinary, social, or moral probation are also ineligible to apply or receive any additional payments.

-Must have a combined score of at least 1000 on the verbal and math sections of the SAT, or a composite score of 22 on the verbal and math section of the ACT, a combined score of the verbal and math of 45 on the ACT, or a minimum score of 74 AFQT score on the Marine Corps ASVAB, or a LSAT score of 150. People who want to be pilots or navigators need a passing score on the Aviation Selection Test Battery (ASTB) (http://www.nomi.med.navy.mil/NAMI/astb/astbwebsitewriteup.htm).

-PFT Score of at least 225 to be eligible: (13 pull-ups, 90 crunches in 2:00 minutes, and run at least a 23:00 minute 3-Mile Run)

For a list of all the military occupational specialties (MOS) that the Marine Corps has to offer for those who want to be Officers, visit https://www.tbs.usmc.mil/Pages/MyMOS/All_MOS_FAQ.asp.