• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Getting out and want to train NFOs?

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Company: L-3 Vertex Aerospace LLC
Position: T-39N/G Pilot
Requisition ID: 037981
Salary: Contract terms

Description:
First Pilot in single piloted T-39N/G (Sabreliner 40/60 modified) conducting training for Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force, and foreign national flight students in air navigation, low level visual navigation, radar navigation, and air-to-air intercepts.
Applicants will be judged on overall flying experience with particular emphasis on prior experience in military fixed wing operations applicable to the UMFOT training syllabus.

T-39 flight experience preferred.

Requirements:
- FAA Commercial with AMEL privileges and Instrument rating;
- FAA Second Class Medical;
- T-39 type rating (can be obtained after hire);
- 1000 hours First Pilot in military fixed wing aircraft;
- 500 hours in military turbojet engine aircraft;
- Experience in multi-place cockpit desired;
- Experience in military fixed-wing aircraft requiring crew coordination skills desired.

Click HERE to review and apply.

Contact Name: N/A
Telephone: N/A
Fax: N/A

Email: N/A

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Interesting that they're still bringing T-39 pilots aboard. I thought that sundown was fast approaching...? No?

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
How many people in the navy really have much turbojet time, or does turbofan time count, too?

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
How many people in the navy really have much turbojet time, or does turbofan time count, too?

I'm gonna go with "yes;" I'm pretty sure it means turbojet in the Part 61 (pilot certification)* sense of the word.

In short, Hummer/Orion guys need not apply.

Nor helo bubbas... it's not already bad enough that I'll never make CAG :(

* This part came out sounding clumsy... but the point is in there somewhere.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Interesting that they're still bringing T-39 pilots aboard. I thought that sundown was fast approaching...? No?

Last I knew, it was supposed to happens around 2015, but while the SNFO VT squadrons are still awaiting the T-45D VMTS, that date may slide to the right as with all new programs in the Navy.

-ea6bflyr ;)

Renegade One

None
Nor helo bubbas... it's not already bad enough that I'll never make CAG :(
Means probably far less than it used to, but there is still a tiny little bit of "being a CAG" that requires leading from the front...on the first strike of the first day (or night) of the campaign.

MasterBates

Means probably far less than it used to, but there is still a tiny little bit of "being a CAG" that requires leading from the front...on the first strike of the first day (or night) of the campaign.
If that's the case.. Why are there E-2 CAGs?

I had a definite more "tip of the spear" feeling flying helos than Hummers. Both jobs are needed, vital, and I enjoyed both thoroughly.

But I had Torpedos, Missiles and Guns in a Helo. In the Hummer I could run, and try to hide.

Renegade One

None
If that's the case.. Why are there E-2 CAGs?

I had a definite more "tip of the spear" feeling flying helos than Hummers. Both jobs are needed, vital, and I enjoyed both thoroughly.

But I had Torpedos, Missiles and Guns in a Helo. In the Hummer I could run, and try to hide.
"Command and Control" ...from a real-time "big picture/multi-source platform perspective" is a not insignificant part of air wing leadership.
Other than that, you and I are both out of it...so...peace.