• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Getting to fly Fighters

Status
Not open for further replies.

terrizzi

Hey all,
I was wondering what exactly it took to get into the program that would let you become a fighter pilot. I'm aware how to apply for the NA option and such and am planning on doing so in May but I was wondering if there was anything special that needed to be done to possibly get into that field. One other thing is I was wondering how competitive the aviation feild is to break into. Ill be taking the ASTB in April and expect to do well, my Major is environmental studies (which is pretty damn tough)...I also have LOR's coming in from a Major General (army) a ret. E-6, a ret 0-5 (navy) as well as the president of my university. Im also an Eagle Scout, Ky Colonel, and a chaired memeber of the Student Government Association at my university. Does all this (depending my ASTB scores) sound like I would have a shot at going for it?

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
Hey all,
I was wondering what exactly it took to get into the program that would let you become a fighter pilot. I'm aware how to apply for the NA option and such and am planning on doing so in May but I was wondering if there was anything special that needed to be done to possibly get into that field. One other thing is I was wondering how competitive the aviation feild is to break into. Ill be taking the ASTB in April and expect to do well, my Major is environmental studies (which is pretty damn tough)...I also have LOR's coming in from a Major General (army) a ret. E-6, a ret 0-5 (navy) as well as the president of my university. Im also an Eagle Scout, Ky Colonel, and a chaired memeber of the Student Government Association at my university. Does all this (depending my ASTB scores) sound like I would have a shot at going for it?
Colonel Terrizzi.......do a freaking search.....it is very competitive.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hey all,

You can do a search and you will find several threads that talk about what you can get in flight school and how selection is determined. A lot of it is luck and timing, but the better you do in flight school the more chance you usually have of selecting what you want.

Please do a search though, 'selection out of primary' or a form of that would probably be a good place to start.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Hey all,
I was wondering what exactly it took to get into the program that would let you become a fighter pilot. ....
If you forward $100,000 to me as a consultant, I guarantee that you will make it. If you don't, my policy is to refund 1/2 of your money ...
Im also a Ky Colonel...
Are you Vietnamese ... ??? If so; you might not make it ...

ky.jpg

Thread: CLOSED ... while you mull over the "search" options on Air Warriors.com

Status
Not open for further replies.