• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Gift for new squadron C.O.?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RevnR6

Getting Closer and Closer by the minute
A family friend of my family is taking over command of the Test and Eval Squadron at Nellis AFB and I was wondering what sort of gift we should get him. I have no idea what to get him or even if a gift is appropriate. Any suggestions?

Clux4

Banned
A model F-16/F-22 or (whatever he/she flies) with his/her name on it, mounted on a plaque with a pen holder and maybe a U.S flag.

Ryoukai

The Chief doesn't like cheeky humor...at all
A helper monkey. No gift would be better than a helper monkey because he not only does chores for you, but he makes them hilarious by virtue of his simian nature.

B

Blutonski816

Because of all the recent accidents at Nellis...

How about a plaque that says:
"Martin-Baker saved my Ass on: <left blank for ejection date>"

Or

When their command is over, give him a plaque that says, "I survived Nellis AFB." (unless they move on to another command at Nellis)

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ryoukai said:
A helper monkey. No gift would be better than a helper monkey because he not only does chores for you, but he makes them hilarious by virtue of his simian nature.
Awesome. Remember that "Bathroom Monkey" they had on SNL? "Monkey hate clean!"

Brett

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Anyone about to take command on a squadron already has enough desk models to fill a shelf. If you really want to get this guy something, make it personal. What are his hobbies? Does he fish? A nice rod with an engraving, maybe a reel. Cigar enthusiast? Desk humidor, with a few stogies inside and a nice little plaque. Hell, be creative, beer of the month club, a box of good steaks, a bottle of really good scotch...Why not send something cool and different?

RevnR6

Getting Closer and Closer by the minute
Damn man I got
threadjacked.gif

Well he doesnt drink so that is a no go. I guess I'll just do a gift cert for a nice restaurant. Cant think of much else.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
RevnR6 said:
I guess I'll just do a gift cert for a nice restaurant. Cant think of much else.
If he was a Navy man, I'd say a gift certificate to a nice "ranch"
ranch.jpg

Since he's Air Force, how about tickets to
lacage3.jpg
?

Status
Not open for further replies.