• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

glasses during training

Status
Not open for further replies.

cadetdevildog

got a question,

does anyone know if we are allowed to bring are own perscription glasses to PLC or if we have to wear ones that are isued to us?

jyoun79

You have to bring your glasses and/or prescription. You have to wear the BC glasses during OCS.

Broadsword2004

Speaking of eyesight, I have been wondering, but if you say are a pilot with 20/20 vision, say, flying like an F/A-18, and then after some years, your vision decreases a little bit, but can be corrected through eye surgery, are you removed from piloting immediately, or will they let you have the eye surgery to fix it? Because they say that pilots need vision "correctable to 20/20" these days.

Broadsword2004

Yeah, thanks for the info Michael, I was asking cuz my mother told me some guy she knew, his brother was a pilot in some branch of the service (I don't know which), but his eyesight decreased and he lossed his pilot seat.

But that was a few years ago, and maybe his eyesight went down a lot or something, who knows.

Zwoda

Question: Am I required to wear the BC glasses for TBS and flight school? Or they only for OCS?

NavyOCS

The BC glasses are a once in a lifetime experience that you will absolutely love at OCS. Wear em on Libo. and you get all the chicks... Seriously though, from what I have been reading you only have to wear them at OCS.

Greaper007

You're entering a world of pain
Question, I have 20/20 for the most part. However, I have a slight astigmatism so I wear glasses while I read (otherwise my eyes become blurry after about 20 mins). So I'll probably need to be issued glasses. Will I be required to wear them all the time?

NavyOCS

NO NO NO... When u show up to OCS and get to experience the wondorful world of in-processing they will look at your med. records and that includes your eye prescription. They WILL issue you glasses if thats what your records say. But if you never wear them then they wont know. I had to wear mine cause I was freakin blind w/o them.

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
My company last summer didn't get the good old BCG's until week 4. At that point, some candidates had really messed up the glasses they had brought with them. The Marine Corps doesn't reimburse you for those. I'd bring and old pair if you can. I don't think BCG's were ever authorized for our platoon because some of the prescriptions were wrong and had to be sent back, we couldn't all be uniform.

Zwoda

Followup question: what about contact use after OCS? As in would I be allowed to wear contacts during TBS?

Status
Not open for further replies.