• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

GMT Lectures are back...

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
We just had to sit through our first GMT lecture for FY10. I guess Big Navy has decided that no one was actually learning anything though NKO and now we have to sit in the auditorium and listen to a speaker ramble for an hour.

Any other units get hit with this fun or are you still doing the NKO style?

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
We have a mix of both...honestly, I would rather sit through the lecture than deal with the NKO BS...at least the lecture offers a guy a chance to be funny...

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
Not when you have the pregnant Chaplain who was talking about Operational Stress Managment...

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Don't have nearly as many access issues with a live lecture either, though I guess you still need you CAC.

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Live lecture. Two days from now I get to brief Alcohol Abuse. I think we'll start it off with a case study....anyone...anyone...is this thing on?

Bevo16

pilot
I much prefer the lectures than the constant e-mails "This month's training is...make sure to log on and get your completions certificates to YN2 by COB..."

Screw that.

Circle K

pilot
Still using NKO, and getting your completion certificates to YN2 by COB... make sure you print out an extra copy, they make for great decorations around your desk...

PropAddict

Now with even more awesome!
pilot
Contributor
We crushed all the NKO lectures early, then the message came out saying, "don't do these four; them must be done in a live lecture."

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
We crushed all the NKO lectures early, then the message came out saying, "don't do these four; them must be done in a live lecture."

Work smarter, not harder. Procrastination pays off RIGHT NOW.

We do quarterly Safety Standdowns, where we cover all the big ticket GMTs AND we do NKO....fml.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Live lecture. Two days from now I get to brief Alcohol Abuse. I think we'll start it off with a case study....anyone...anyone...is this thing on?

We had such a lecture a few standdowns ago (last summer IIRC), given by some local PD guys. A class ahead of mine was responsible for giving the demo, where the first guy drank 1 beer, the second 2 beers, through the 6th guy who polished off 6 beers in a couple hours. When they called them up on stage, each had to do the field sobriety tests, and every one of them passed except for the last two. Of those two, the cops said they wouldn't have even guessed the first one was drunk, and wouldn't have given the field test. Hilarity definitely ensued, though I think the command learned it's lesson about that one.....or at least involving the local authorities.....still haven't figured out what it takes to actually get pulled over by them (perhaps open container dangling out the window along with a firearm). Did I mention there were 2 open kegs for all hands on hand for the event? Gotta love it :)

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
What is "NKO" - online self-paced training?

One of the things the Army does better than us (they have AKO).

Regarding the online IA courses, I have a huge pet peeve with the SERE Level B course (which applies to more than just IAs). When I took it a few years ago I noticed that Doug Hegdahl's name was misspelled. He is a bona-fide American hero and the f'ing idiots in charge of NKO = proofreading fail... that just gets me steamed for some reason. :icon_rage

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
We had such a lecture a few standdowns ago (last summer IIRC), given by some local PD guys. A class ahead of mine was responsible for giving the demo, where the first guy drank 1 beer, the second 2 beers, through the 6th guy who polished off 6 beers in a couple hours. When they called them up on stage, each had to do the field sobriety tests, and every one of them passed except for the last two. Of those two, the cops said they wouldn't have even guessed the first one was drunk, and wouldn't have given the field test. Hilarity definitely ensued, though I think the command learned it's lesson about that one.....or at least involving the local authorities.....still haven't figured out what it takes to actually get pulled over by them (perhaps open container dangling out the window along with a firearm). Did I mention there were 2 open kegs for all hands on hand for the event? Gotta love it :)

Holy shit, if I'm ever ground safety officer, we're doing this. Except instead of 1 to 6 it'll be more lke 3 to 9, just to help out the LEOs.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor

We had a keg at one of our Safety Standdowns in the HTs on a friday morning. We did the same field sobriety test with the local PD.... until the VERY next day when a stud in our squadron committed a drunk hit and run.... no more drinking at safety standdowns after that. fml.