• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

goin to see the recruiter!

mike172

GO NAVY
Well I got called by the NROTC recruiter for my area im going to see him on Thurs! I pretty excited, this is just the first meeting, i havent even submited the online part yet. Quick question though should I wear anything nice, or just regular shorts collar shirt do the trick? What kind of questions is he gonna ask me? Just trying to be prepared as possible, thanks for replies!
-mike

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
Since this is determining your future it would be better to be slightly over dressed than under dressed. Shirt, tie, slacks and polished shoes. Make sure the clothes fit too and not like the neighborhood kiosk cellphone salesman.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Since this is determining your future it would be better to be slightly over dressed than under dressed. Shirt, tie, slacks and polished shoes. Make sure the clothes fit too and not like the neighborhood kiosk cellphone salesman.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that wearing a tie is going overboard a bit and you stand a good chance of looking "overdressed" and feeling like a tool. Business casual is more than adequate to talk with your recruiter.

Brett

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that wearing a tie is going overboard a bit and you stand a good chance of looking "overdressed" and feeling like a tool. Business casual is more than adequate to talk with your recruiter.

Brett

Agreed. You don't want to make the recruiter think "what a tool" the first time you meet him.

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
I didnt say he needed a tux or a makeover from Queer Eye for the Straight Guy, just look nice. Maybe the tie is a bit much. Might I suggest a fitted patterned shirt (dont be afraid of color boys! and avoid the dread Polyester!) match that with a straightleg cotton/silk blend trousers (flat front for a slimmer look) and finish the ensemble with squared toed leather shoes. For the hair go short with light highlighting blended from the scalp up to the tips for that saavy sunswept look. Oh! before I forget, exfoliate before you shave and always with the grain never against. Remember Shave down, never frown. Shave up, lots of bumps!!!!!:D

IRfly

None
Wear what you would to a job interview. What, are you afraid that the recruiter will think that you're serious about wanting to get into the Navy? When you get out to the fleet and have two bars on your collar you can worry about looking cool. In the meantime, it's much better to be overdressed than underdressed.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
Wear what you would to a job interview.

Job interview attire is a suit. I don't think a high school kid meeting a recruiter to talk ROTC needs a suit. Don't overanalyze this...chances are your recruiter is going to be in khakis (not SDBs)...if you visit him on a Friday, he'll probably be wearing a Navy Recruiting District polo shirt and Dockers (nice pants).

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I wore khaki pants and a nice (tucked in) button up collar shirt with dress shoes. Didn't feel over or under-dressed. A suit may be overdoing it a tad bit....you don't want the staff to think you came from DSS or NCIS :icon_tong

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
I didnt say he needed a tux or a makeover from Queer Eye for the Straight Guy, just look nice. Maybe the tie is a bit much. Might I suggest a fitted patterned shirt (dont be afraid of color boys! and avoid the dread Polyester!) match that with a straightleg cotton/silk blend trousers (flat front for a slimmer look) and finish the ensemble with squared toed leather shoes. For the hair go short with light highlighting blended from the scalp up to the tips for that saavy sunswept look. Oh! before I forget, exfoliate before you shave and always with the grain never against. Remember Shave down, never frown. Shave up, lots of bumps!!!!!:D

OMG I thought you were serious for a second! :D

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
This worked for me ... well, maybe the green pants were a little over the top.

geek_l.jpg

Birdman

I wore khaki pants and a nice (tucked in) button up collar shirt with dress shoes. Didn't feel over or under-dressed. A suit may be overdoing it a tad bit....you don't want the staff to think you came from DSS or NCIS :icon_tong

Maybe I halfas$ed it, I didn't realize until now. I showed up in a tshirt and and khaki shorts they didn't seem to mind, and they were in BDUs.