• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Good blog from the Sandbox.....Naval Aviator in Iraq

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Nice blog......Live and let live is some funny shit!!

http://stimpiniraq.blogspot.com/2007/02/live-and-let-live.html

Nice find. Having deployed twice with the USAF (ONW/OSW), one of our favorite pass-times was to bait the USAF people into telling us that we should zip our flightsuits up to our necks, or whatever other random retarded uniform reg they chose to obsess about, then cheerfully reminding them that we weren't in the AF (usually with a "shipmate" thrown in for good measure). That's just good clean fun. :D

Brett

snake020

Contributor
Nice find. Having deployed twice with the USAF (ONW/OSW), one of our favorite pass-times was to bait the USAF people into telling us that we should zip our flightsuits up to our necks

Did they try to get you to wear a scarf too?

Lawman

None
Nice find. Having deployed twice with the USAF (ONW/OSW), one of our favorite pass-times was to bait the USAF people into telling us that we should zip our flightsuits up to our necks, or whatever other random retarded uniform reg they chose to obsess about, then cheerfully reminding them that we weren't in the AF (usually with a "shipmate" thrown in for good measure). That's just good clean fun. :D

Brett

This is a branch that has somehow managed to overcomplicate rolling sleeves. Of course they want to make sure you do it their way, it makes them feel less like idiots for actually doing it their way.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
OK so what is this guy doing over there? Is he on an IA tour?

Why is he wearing an Army ACU uniform? Just curious... maybe he's actually attached to an Army unit?

SteveG75

Retired and starting that second career
None
OK so what is this guy doing over there? Is he on an IA tour?

Why is he wearing an Army ACU uniform? Just curious... maybe he's actually attached to an Army unit?

Aarrggh, damn my usmc.mil firewall.

If this guy is wearing ACU's, he is probably doing the same IA job I am (expect I am wearing Marine desert uniform). Basically, lots of NAvy guys over here unfucking an Army program. Started about a year ago and going for at least another year.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor

Looking distinctively different in a warzone is never a good idea, blend and look unimportant there might be snipers around.

Birdman

from his site.
About Me:
Stimp
I'm a Naval Aviator, currently on my way to Iraq to work with the Army

SteveG75

Retired and starting that second career
None
What is an IA tour? Is that the same as an ALO?

IA = Individual Augmentation. Basically send some sailor to the sandbox for a year to fill a billet.

For example, my IA job is technically EW. I am a Prowler NFO. I have a Prowler pilot and a CTR1 working for me. My replacment is a SWO. We have FC's, OS's, CTT's, CTR's, LDO's, AEDO's, NFO's, pilot's, SWO's and even a sub guy all working in my little community spread out over Iraq.

Body -----> billet.