• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Good morning, all.

Brn N Rubr

I would like to start off by saying good morning to everyone. I am young, at age 23, enlisted member serving at VR-59 at NAS Fort Worth. I have been in the Navy just short of ten months. I was fortunate enough to pick up 3rd Class on my first time up. I am currently finishing my last week of TAD to the coffee mess.

I have enjoyed my time thus far in the Navy and look forward to making it my career. I joined the Navy with dreams of flying, and I'm doing everything within my power to make that happen.

I have spent the last month doing a lot of research on the different commissioning programs. I joined with 59 credit hours and believe the STA-21 program to be my best option. I take the ACT on 13 FEB and should have my PRK surgery within the next few months. I plan to get the ASTB knocked out while I'm waiting for my eyes to recover. After my eyes are good to go, I'll take the final step and have my flight physical. During this time, with the help of my career counselors, I hope to go through the board process. My goal is to submit my package near the end of May.

I have enjoyed reading throught the different forums on here. There are many great stories and so much information. It's an amazing find for someone such as myself. Please feel free to comment on my plans. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, all. Good day.

Bryan

PS I believe it is a requirement for all new members of the site to ask the following question . . .

What % get jets? :)

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Welcome! You sound like you're on the right track and are highly motivated. Keep performing in your current job and put in your package when you're ready to start the process and qualified to do so. Best of luck! If you come across specific questions about the process, the Navy etc, feel free to ask. There is plenty of knowledge on here from flight school students (yours truly is one of em) to retirees to help you.

Best of luck again.