• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

got dropped... what's next to go back in Oct?

Texan

Why enemy pilots dont sleep well
Well, after fighting off my pneumonia for 4 and a half weeks, they finally told me to go home and reapply for a later class. From what I understand, October will be the first class to take flight contracts. I'm going to be talking in depth with my OSO on Wednesday, but if anyone has any experience they'd like to share, or has any questions I should be asking my OSO, please let me know.

somewhat bummed, but enthused for the future and what it brings.

-Texan

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
If you were put on NOE status (dunno if they'd do that for pneumonia - they do for guys getting broke to put them on disability leave or whatever admin calls it). Get cleared for active duty ASAP.

September 29th I was cleared by a doc here after a stress fracture. Ppwork gets sent to BUMED to clear me for applicant status (to be fair, not exactly a high priority ... there is a war going on). Last week I get notice that I'm good to go and can go submit my app.

Other than that, you've done the rest, and you know the drill. Good luck.

scotty008

Back at last
pilot
mmx1 said:
If you were put on NOE status (dunno if they'd do that for pneumonia - they do for guys getting broke to put them on disability leave or whatever admin calls it). Get cleared for active duty ASAP.

September 29th I was cleared by a doc here after a stress fracture. Ppwork gets sent to BUMED to clear me for applicant status (to be fair, not exactly a high priority ... there is a war going on). Last week I get notice that I'm good to go and can go submit my app.

Other than that, you've done the rest, and you know the drill. Good luck.
Well said... reapply and get back at it in the Fall. That type of thing is unavoidable, and they should definitely reconsider your app for more seasonal class. I personally can't imagine the IMC (or night IMC) in the winter. Good luck!

Texan

Why enemy pilots dont sleep well
Actually, the IMC, Combat Course, and all that stuff with icewater really didnt bother me nearly as much as I thought it would. I had the adreanaline and heart rate high enough (and probably a fever to top it off) that the only time I had a problem with the cold was after duck-walking through the pond at the end of the combat course. Got out of the water ok, hit the deck to provide cover, then I tried to buddy rush... pushed up with my arms, tried to step and fell face first into the mud because my legs were too numb to move. pushed a bit harder and I made it past the objective... just had to run back to the PT field head to change after that.

I loved every minute of it and cant wait to get back and do it again. Is there something wrong with me?

-Texan