• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Got My Orders!

pennst8

Next guy to ask about thumbdrives gets shot.
Contributor
Reporting to P'Cola first week of September!

Anyone else hear back yet?

RiceOwl06

I wish I was as lucky as all of you. NAMI really likes to make it difficult to get a PRK waiver, and I think that holds up orders. For those of you that do have orders, did any of you fill out some sort of worksheet, and if so, does the date you requested match the date you got? Just curious what to expect. I asked for August, just wondering if there is any chance I will get that or if I should just be prepared for anything.

Mr Mojo Risin'

Request sheet?? Bahahahahah. Yeah right, I wish I had gotten to fill one of those out. On multiple occasions I expressed my desire for a later class-up date beacuse I had an awesome stash job lined up, but I still got 2 June. But I'm not trying to sound like a whiny b!tch or anything because I really am psyched to start. I've just become increasingly convinced that most decisions are made based on a dart board throw.

RiceOwl06

Mojo, it sucks you didn't get to fill out a sheet. NPC/Bupers sent out a spreadsheet titled NROTC working slate or something like that to all the aviation advisors, where you put all your info like IFS status, marriage status, HOR, and also API convene dates. I don't know if it has any sway in their decision, I guess I will find out soon.

pennst8

Contributor
Thisguy said:
Try not to fvck it up, OK?
That's the same thing my dad said.:sleep_125

Freshman year we made signs (as per suggestion of a senior) with a pair of wings that say "DON'T FVCK UP" in big letters. I have mine above my desk - its come in handy a few times.

Anyway... back to writing a paper for my final week of work... then two weeks of carefully managed partying.

(Unrelated: @ThisGuy - Morelli looked good on Saturday and they had DWill take a few snaps as well... and he can throw bombs.)

pennst8

Contributor
RiceOwl06 said:
I wish I was as lucky as all of you. NAMI really likes to make it difficult to get a PRK waiver, and I think that holds up orders. For those of you that do have orders, did any of you fill out some sort of worksheet, and if so, does the date you requested match the date you got? Just curious what to expect. I asked for August, just wondering if there is any chance I will get that or if I should just be prepared for anything.

When was your surgery? I had mine last Dec and haven't had any major issues (besides one doc at willow grove screwing with me) getting a waiver.

Mr Mojo Risin'

So where do you guys plan on living? I'm a little iffy because I want to go to Corpus, but I know it's not guaranteed, so I'd hate to be stuck living an hour from Whiting if I get orders there.

Yeah, I'm just going to sort it all out once we get down there. My buddy and I report the same day. We're planning on just BOQing/Hoteling it while we house hunt.

-J