• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Government Plane Crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kycntryboy

pilot
Alright, I got a video from the good people at UK's AFROTC. Its a 40 minute or so video showing crashes about every 15 seconds, I want everybody to get a copy of this thing, does someone have a website so I can upload it to share with everybody?
Clay

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Is it anything like the one they show at the NPA O Club for happy hour? What's the size?

Brett

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I have a website, but I'm not serving 598MB to the masses, sorry. Are you on a broadband connection? If so, download some FTP Server software and serve it yourself.

Kycntryboy

pilot
I "borrow" my internet via wireless card. I work from a labtop not much room to download stuff on and not relable to serve because they frequently turn it off, If I had my own internet and a desktop I would do that though.

SteveG75

Retired and starting that second career
None
Kycntryboy said:
598 Mb, Its called "Broken Wings", also I've never seen the video that your refering to.

That a file that big, I recommend burning CD's if someone is willing to do it. Example, someone sends you a blank CD. Burn them a copy but they have to promise to burn copies for the first five people that contact them. Geometric progression.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Kycntryboy said:
I "borrow" my internet via wireless card. I work from a labtop not much room to download stuff on and not relable to serve because they frequently turn it off, If I had my own internet and a desktop I would do that though.

Are you tapped into someone's unsecured network? That would be a riot lol. We used to do that in college all the time. Hey, if they're stupid enough not to secure their network, it's their fault.

Or are you just using a friend's?

Kycntryboy

pilot
Fly Navy said:
Are you tapped into someone's unsecured network? That would be a riot lol. We used to do that in college all the time. Hey, if they're stupid enough not to secure their network, it's their fault.

Or are you just using a friend's?
I have no idea who it is, has to be a college student though because I was without internet for the whole Christmas Break.

Kycntryboy

pilot
I googled that.. so this may be an ignorant question but wouldn't that require multiple people to have the same file?
Fly Navy what it you only had it up for a day or something wouldn't that work. I promise this video does not disappoint, I think it would be beneficial for anyone considering going into aviation to look at "what could happen". Had an affect on me showed people who paved the way to get to where we are today.

ControlledBurn

ERAU Student
No, bit torrent allows one person to seed (share the file) at first. As more people download it, they seed it as well, slowly but surely making download speeds faster.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Kycntryboy said:
I asked Webmaster about it but I got no response though
Sorry, been busy, ouch 598 eh? Don't think I can swing that, have to ask the guy that owns the server.

Status
Not open for further replies.