• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Grades after acceptance

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhorse1500

I have been selected to go to ocs jr in may and i have a quick question about grades. If my grades drop a little bit from what they were on my application to what they are at the end of a semester is this a deal breaker? Do they ask how you have done at the end of each semester or once you are in do they go on faith? If anyone can give me a quick heads up that would be great.

P.s. its not that i havent been doing my school work just one class kicked me in the butt thanks again

Clux4

Banned
For PLC, you only need to keep a 2.0 in a 4.0 scale and you will be fine. If you drop below a 2.0 you will be asked to write a letter stating the reason for the drop and appropriate action would be taken by the OSO headquaters

d_bossart

In college my OSO told me that I had to maintain a 2.0 to stay in the program. However like Crowbar said, you have to send transcripts to your OSO at the end of every semester. I am sure you OSO would have some questions if you went from a 3.5 to a 2.5.

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
I was told that if you have one semester drop below a 2.0 you have to submit an explaination and may be disqualified for financial or tuition assistance. I was told that dropping a class and going below full-time is an absolute no go. I had to eat a sh!%y grade becasue of this.

steventheman

Why do fat people keep eating?

I applied for PLC-C last year at this time, and I had a crappy semester. I got the impression that the selection boards don't even look at your application unless you're above a 2.0. I later managed to get into the PlC Jr/Sr program. As long as you're semester GPA is above a 2.0, you should be alright.

RoughSemester

so a rough semester with 1.8 semester gpa

my situation is that i attended juniors this summer and came back and just had a rough semester with some of those classes we all hate and managed to embarris myself with a 1.8 gpa. from what i have read i am understanding that im going to be asked to write a letter with reasons why this happend and then appropriate actions will be taken. if you can confirm this id appreciate it. also, what actions might be taken. My cumulative gpa is still above 2.0 if that changes things

Clux4

Banned
I think all they care about is the cummulative. You might need to write a letter as to why your GPA dropped, but there is no biggy. Now, I am not sure of what the action will be in your case, but in my case they did not do anything. My was actually before Juniors.

Status
Not open for further replies.