• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Grumble

Status
Not open for further replies.

DairyCreamer

After reading this: http://www.navlog.org/av_cuts.html

I'm starting to think even an NFO slot is looking tough to obtain. Merely a "slight need" for NFOs presently, and the guy is all but saying screw trying to get a pilot slot.

This is how I read it anyway. I'll be rolling the dice come mid June again regardless, but now I'm nervous all over again about the chances of even getting to OCS, let alone get picked up for SNA.

Thoughts?

~Nate

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
That is old news and I don't agree with the author's analysis of the selection prospects due to the situation outlined in it. Yes, SNA/SNFO slots are tough to obtain-but the '04 problem is just that (an '04 problem). It doesn't look like other years are that affected by it directly. The attriting standards have returned to normal for '05 and they have started sending them through. If things don't work out for you in June, apply again, and again, and again.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
DITTO: This stuff happens in repeated cycles .... always has; always will ....... you guys today aren't any different than many years ago --- only difference is it's happening to YOU. @ 35 years ago they cut 1/3 of the STUDS out of the jet pipeline --- sent them to Blackshoe billets --- and attrited another third of the remaining before Wings while the Vietnam war was going on. It never ends --- these feast or famine cycles.

One thing for certain --- somebody is going to get into the seats ---- and if you don't go forward with your applications and desires with determination and focus --- you won't be there at the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.