• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

guidance to becoming a navy pilot

Status
Not open for further replies.

maverick111

Im 15 years old looking to become an f/a-18f superhornet or a f-14 tomcat pilot. If anyone can set me a route plan out of college(im either attending ROTC or academy) I would greatly appreciate it. thank you

Gregory Douglas Colfer

Falcaner

DCA "Don't give up the ship"
Greg,
Let me start out by saying that there is no set "path" to getting into naval aviation. You are also pretty young so I wouldn't worry about what path you want to choose right now. I didn't start to consider joining the military until my junior year in college, and didn't apply to the navy till after I graduated. So you have PLAENTY of time. Just do your best in school and if aviation is what you want then by all means pursue it! But don’t worry about how you are going to get there right now

airgreg

low bypass axial-flow turbofan with AB driver
pilot
Greg-
It shows good initiative to be thinking about this ahead of time. However, speaking from personal experience, your plans can/will change a lot over the next couple of years. With that in mind...

Get good grades. Don't do drugs. Don't fight the law. Extracurricular activities help, athletics especially.

This advice probably applies to both the ROTC and Academy routes.

Use the search function in the upper right to look for different topics. Spend some time reading the old posts and you'll learn a lot more than I could ever tell you here.

Status
Not open for further replies.