• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Gulf War, 25th Anniversary

Alto53

pilot
Was there with an H-53E VOD Det (HC-1, Det 2) operating out of Bahrain and Fujairah. Mostly taking care of the freighters and gators (back when the Navy was almost 600 ships), giving the big decks a wide berth when able. Did make drops on both BBs which was impressive and amusing, landed on the first one and trying to decipher the code for the next drop the Boss simply told us "about 20 miles NE and looks just like us, minus 123.4 off this freq!" Different time and circumstances, seems amazing it's already been 25 yrs.

hlg6016

A/C Wings Here
I got out in June of '90 and was up to my eyeballs in dirty diapers and formula, It's all good though she has her degree and is working 2 jobs..

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
I was 10 and watching my dad do 12 hour night shifts at the Pentagon during the buildup was painful. Also watched my stepdad have a really bad VN flashback/dream following the CNN coverage of the AA defense of Baghdad...

Interesting times.

Oh, and I developed my intense hatred for Lee Greenwood too...

jmcquate

Contributor
Brand new Strike Eagles and F-18D's.............old Weasel Rhinos, F-111s, Sparkvarks (seeing phantom MiGs), and Buccaneers buddy-lasing targets. Iowa class 16" guns reigning terror (and Iraqis surrendering to a targeting drone). And above all, the Marine Corps fucking up Schwarzkopf's timeframe by taking Kuwait City too quickly.

Homer J

I'm with NAVAIR. I'm here to help you.
Is that a SNAP computer?

Which one? The one I'm playing Tetris on is a Zenith 286. The other is a Honeywell work station of some kind that we used for tracking maintenance. I'm not familiar with the term, SNAP. I believe the system we used was NRMMS.

Last edited: