• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

GWOTEM Unit Eligibility List Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal Unit eligibility list released....

Ok, maybe someone else posted this, and I missed it... but it came out on the 5th of August. Here is the linky on the awards.navy.mil site to which units are eligible. The GWOT Service Medal is still up in the air on who can get it apparently.

Damn, now I am going to have to remount my medals and ribbons...

GWOTEM Unit List

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
webmaster said:
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal Unit eligibility list released....

Ok, maybe someone else posted this, and I missed it... but it came out on the 5th of August. Here is the linky on the awards.navy.mil site to which units are eligible. The GWOT Service Medal is still up in the air on who can get it apparently.

Damn, now I am going to have to remount my medals and ribbons...

GWOTEM Unit List

nice...3 yrs later...too bad that link locks my pc up worse than most of the "profesional reading" I download. Webmaster, any way you could post the list, or is it ridiculously huge? Maybe just the aviation commands?

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
oh, and anybody got a link for a USN "ribbon checker" program that actually has this thing? I have no clue what it is ahead/behind.

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
zab1001 said:
oh, and anybody got a link for a USN "ribbon checker" program that actually has this thing? I have no clue what it is ahead/behind.

It just goes on the top row, farthest from the right. It will be known as the mightiest medal ever!!!

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
No medal for Charlie Company, TBS either. I couldn't count how many times I went into the "Quantico Highlands" looking for terrorists. Sheesh, what's a guy got to do?

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
Come to think of it, I never got one Purple Heart for all the near eye-gouges I got on the night compass course either! I oughta....

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
is that link working for anyone? if it is, can ya copy/paste the eligible list on here?

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
zab1001 said:
is that link working for anyone? if it is, can ya copy/paste the eligible list on here?

I would, but it's a PDF that appears to be a scanned document. Give me your units and I'll look em up for you if you want.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
ok ok, i got it to work, "re-start" is a strange and wonderful thing.

Glad I bought one of them GWOTEMs when they came out and stashed it. My guess is the exchange is gonna sell out quick from the length of that list.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
It goes after the National Defense Medal, and before the Armed Forces Service Medal. That is off the list on ultra thin ribbons...

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
hey old balls Webmaster

you had me all kinds of confused...what the hell is the Armed Forces Service Medal...man you are OLD if you have one of those...I've never even seen one...ok ok I KEED. Seriously though, I thought you meant the Armed Forces Exped Medal, which I think we all have by now, and I was way confused on placement. Gotta have my sh!t in one sock for the Army kids ya know.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
zab, take this dip stick and shove it.....

Ok, my bad, you are up one beer fine on me, I knew it was armed forces something or other medal.... I blame it on the fact I don't have NIPR at my desk, and have to use a "communal" NIPR workstation.... sigh...

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I guess the 22 days we spent don't qualify my squadron. Now I wonder if the missions I flew qualify me even though I did not get an Air Medal?

Status
Not open for further replies.