• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Gypsypalooza '09

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
VFA-32 is throwing its second annual Gypsypalooza on Friday, June 5th 2009 at the NAS Oceana O'Club. This event will be the same as last year in that all $$ will go to the fight to cure cancer. Tickets ($10) will go on sale starting next week (thru the VFA-32 JOPA ) and we also be available at the door. A silent auction will be held again as well as live bands, booze, hot ladies and much much more.

MasterBates

I should be there, unless I am not.

Phyliss told me about it when I was getting tanked at the club with some buds from 106

Pags

N/A
pilot
VFA-32 is throwing its second annual Gypsypalooza on Friday, June 5th 2009 at the NAS Oceana O'Club. This event will be the same as last year in that all $$ will go to the fight to cure cancer. Tickets ($10) will go on sale starting next week (thru the VFA-32 JOPA ) and we also be available at the door. A silent auction will be held again as well as live bands, booze, hot ladies and much much more.

You should advertise at Chambers.

Bevo16

pilot

Just in case you guys have not decided where you are going to send that money yet:

http://www.stjude.org/donate?plt=STJGENLKALSAC0900002

St. Jude is a leading the fight to save our kids. The little fella on the left is testimony of that. Cole has been in remission for 15 months, and St. Jude was really his only chance when diagnosed.

Attachments

• 00126873-011.jpg
    00126873-011.jpg
    251.3 KB · Views: 118

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Griffin status

For those of you who weren't around for the inaugural GriffinPalooza last year, the story of Griffin Schager (son of then XO of VFA-32 who gave up his billet to concentrate on saving Griffin) and the Gypsy effort to support "Warrior Boy" is a heartfelt saga. Updates on Griffin's fight to survive are on his own website. Needless to say, the Gypsies are in for the long haul!

Warrior Boy Griffin Schager poster at inugural GriffinPalooza hosted by VFA-32

WarriorBoytable.jpg

HJ Photo

Feet Wet

Great story, even greater cause, and it's always appropriate to find time to get shitcanned while talking with your hands.

Oh, BTW, first post, long time lurker, yadda yadda yadda. Good to be on here.

Bevo16

pilot
heyjoe,

Where was Warrior Boy treated?

When we got to St. Jude, there was an E-2 pilot who was also here with his little girl. The hospital in Norfolk gave her no hope, wanted to send her home on hospice. St. Jude took her case and sent her home 6 months later cured. She is a totally normal 5 year old now just like Cole.

St. Jude is not just a treatment center, it is where the majority of the new treatment protocols are developed. So if a kid is being treated for leukemia in Boston, the plan that is going to cure him was developed at St. Jude. Sending money to the hospital in Memphis saves kids all over the world.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
heyjoe,

Where was Warrior Boy treated?

Right now, he's in the five year "post treatment" plan that means every third month up in the Big Apple at Sloan-Kettering

Bevo16

pilot
My son starts that 5 year monitoring phase after his scans on the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd of June. When those come back clear, he will have a check up every 6 months. I looked at his page for a little bit. Rhabdomyosarcoma is the most common solid tumor, and is a little more treatable than Neuroblastoma (what Cole had). The folks at Sloan-Kettering are very good, and they made a good choice to go there. It sounds like he is doing well, and if he has made it through the active treatment plan, he is on the right side of the numbers.

EODDave

The pastures are greener!
pilot
Super Moderator
Pags,

Where would be a good place to promote. The squadrons or the O'club.

Citation3

I would be interested in making a donation to the silent auction.

Hello EODDAVE,

I'm not sure if you ever received my information regarding this model. I would be interested in donating it to the silent auction to help your cause. If you are interested please let me know.

This model Gypsy 212 was an award winning build in the Virginia state modeling show.

If you never received my messages, here is the model and I would be willing to mount it similar to the VFA-213 jet shown.

DSC_0297-1.jpg

DSC_0298-2.jpg

DSC_0299.jpg

DSC_0302.jpg

DSC_0298-1.jpg

If interested please contact me via PM.

Goober

Professional Javelin Catcher
None
When we got to St. Jude, there was an E-2 pilot who was also here with his little girl. The hospital in Norfolk gave her no hope, wanted to send her home on hospice. St. Jude took her case and sent her home 6 months later cured. She is a totally normal 5 year old now just like Cole.

He's been a friend of mine since elementary school, and now we're working together for the second time. Fantastic people (he and his wife); and after a recent check-up in Memphis, all is still well. :)