• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Gyro stabilized binoculars

robav8r

None
Contributor
Patriots,

Does anyone know where I can get some Gyro Stabilized Binoculars??? I'm dealing with a short-fuzed tasker here and was wondering if any of you guys/gals could give me some purchasing details (including NSN's). Thanks in advance . . . . .

FOG

FlyinSpy

Mongo only pawn, in game of life...
Contributor
Patriots,

Does anyone know where I can get some Gyro Stabilized Binoculars??? I'm dealing with a short-fuzed tasker here and was wondering if any of you guys/gals could give me some purchasing details (including NSN's). Thanks in advance . . . . .

We had a pair of these in Iraq, handed down from a previous squadron: http://www.fujinonbinocular.com/cgi-bin/prod/list?p=71

I personally brought a pair of these: http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelInfoAct&fcategoryid=128&modelid=7375, which one of our pilots promptly dropped to the ramp while trying to hand them down to one of our ground guys. Funny how fine optics are not designed to take 10-foot drops to concrete... :-(

I actually liked the Canons better than the Fujinons, even though they were less than 1/3 the price - better image quality and stabilization. If you or your organization has an IMPACT card you should be able to purchase a set directly (although the specific rules for things like this are beyond me...)

robav8r

None
Contributor
Thanks for the gouge fellas. GSA order placed for four sets (they're only about $4,600.00 per pair!!!):

FRASER-VOLPE STEDI-EYE NAVIGATOR STABILIZED BINOCULAR

;)

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I tried a Canon IS $1200 pair in theater and they gave me a headache. I could see them adjusting to my movements when looking at long ranges. I didn't like them.

Nayone give them good reviews?