• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Hanoi Hilton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I thought this might be interesting to some of you, especially if you love military history. I've had a couple trips to Vietnam over the last few years. "Hoi Lo Prison" (aka "Hanoi Hilton") is now a museum honoring the communist revolutionaries. Anyway, they speak a little of the American POWs. It's obviously revised history, but interesting to see nonetheless. I put some pics up here:

http://community.webshots.com/user/christopherahill/

(WARNING: Some of the stuff might make you angry. However, I will say that despite the government's altering of history, most Vietnamese today love Americans and are embarrassed to talk of the war.)

Pcola04/30

Professional Michigan Hater
pilot
Thanks for posting.....serious revisionist history!! "Well treated" tell that to McCain. Interesting photos

Future Herc Driver

About to start Tac phase in the Herc.
They made it sound like it was a country club. Apparently they got to play pool, volleyball, went to church. I guess they didnt know that shocking peoples nuts, pulling out fingernails, and hanging people by their arms and legs until they popped out of socket was part of the Geneva Accords. Honest mistake Im sure.

Ryoukai

The Chief doesn't like cheeky humor...at all
Hell, even that dummy looks emaciated. Clearly the result of having adequate food and water.

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Fezz...here's your first public warning. If you want to continue posting, stop flaming people's posts.

Road Program

Hangin' on by the static wicks
None
Chris,

Thanks for the post. Yes, it made me angry, but not at the messenger. It was really interesting to see the photos.

It's a shame that a national museum cannot be bothered to retain someone who can properly translate Vietnamese into English.

Status
Not open for further replies.