• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Happy Veterans Day

UF_ME

This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave
-Elmer Davis

Although it does not come close to expressing my true gratitude I want to thank all of you who have served, are serving, and those who have made the ultimate sacrifice for my freedom. I also want to thank you all of the AWs for taking the time to help guide future service members, the advice that you provide is invaluable.

voodooqueen

DAR Lapsarian
I wish the very best to all of you on Veteran's Day. There are many who truly appreciate your sacrifices, and the sacrifices of those who have died in service. But if no one else remembers to treat you today, then remember to treat yourselves--you deserve it.

As for the youngsters here, don't forget to extend a kindness to a crabby (or not crabby, for that matter) vet today!

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Not aviation specific, to be sure .... but this one has always 'moved me' for a variety of reasons ... it reflects some of the sentiment I experienced the first time I visited 'The Wall' ...

School chums, squadron mates, life-altering events, exaltation and fears experienced together, lives torn away while still in ones youth ... families altered forever.

Memories ... good & bad ... Brothers-in-Arms always ...

vietnammemorial.jpg

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
^^^^ Well said A4s. I don't know what it was like to serve during your time but I'm sure it wasn't easy. Thank you.

I was sitting in Applebee's yesterday eating my free meal with my brother (veteran), my grandmother (ex-wife of 2 veterans including my grandfather), and a slew of veterans. Some were proudly displaying Marine Corp hats, Army hats, some were from the Korean War, many from the Vietnam War, and other veterans in general. I would not have been sitting in that chair if it wasn't for the men and women who proudly served and sacrificed before me. While serving your country is not always the easiest thing on your family and friends you gain camaraderie that is unparallel with anything I have ever experienced. I have often found that the bond extends not just within your generation but to other generations of veterans as well. I know looking back years from now I will never forget the men and women I have served with and I am lucky to find myself in a position to rejoin them. I know in the future I will proudly stand behind the next generations of veterans that need our support.

Thank you to all of you who have served and are currently serving our country. You are not forgotten!