• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Harrier divert to CYHZ this AM

darrylcn

Anybody know about this? I heard a bunch of police being sent out to the airport here so I figured it might be an unruly pax call but they eventually mentioned it as "a Harrier with 5 people on board" - that IS an emergency... and something about not being able to refuel.. The police don't seem to be airplane geeks I guess. Anyway the news indicated it was a USAF Harrier so obviously I've had nothing but bad info about what it is and why it's here...

Anyone have any idea why they woulda diverted here? Or is that an OPSEC question? Assuming the fuel thing was accurate I was thinking maybe they were in AR-020 above Nova Scotia and had trouble receiving gas but I didn't hear any tanking today. Anyone know? Thanks in advance.

KBayDog

The invasion has begun.

wwii-poster-ally-canada-come-on-canada.jpg

darrylcn

I know - that was part of me showing that the info I have so far (other that it being an AV-8B) has been useless. USAF? 5 on board?? I got nothin here! So I came here hoping someone might be able to provide a reason. The media is so stunned they just guessed it was a USAF plane and ran with that.

darrylcn

Stunned in stoopid not stunned as in shocked :) Although sadly there isn't a whole lot of foreign military action here. We do live under a USAF refueling track though, by sheer bullcrap luck. That's pretty cool. And our news jerks just tweeted that they landed here due to an in flight emergency, they may not even talk about it at 6 on tv...

Flugelman

Contributor
This whole thread brings to mind the time (1950-ish) an F-80 landed at Hot Springs Airport due to some emergency. The whole danged town turned out to gawk and ooh and ahhh over it.

darrylcn

Jeez guys you're making it out to be the sticks here when it's not. Other than military wise. Which it kinda is. It was mentioned in passing on the news. They said 'Jump Jet'. I groaned.

brownshoe

Contributor
Nah, no invasion, BzB, Ron, Zip and I decided to borrow a 6 seat Harrier from (let’s see, oh yeah) the CAP last night. As we were flying around we became thirsty, soooo we landed in a bar parking lot and went in for a few drinks. Anyway, we picked up a “broad” (she was the 5th person mentioned in the news article) and took off again. A short time later we decided to make a pit stop… Anyway someone where we landed called the cops and BzB got a bit feisty. To make a long story short we now need bail money!

KBayDog

Nah, no invasion, BzB, Ron, Zip and I decided to borrow a 6 seat Harrier from (let’s see, oh yeah) the CAP last night. As we were flying around we became thirsty, soooo we landed in a bar parking lot and went in for a few drinks. Anyway, we picked up a “broad” (she was the 5th person mentioned in the news article) and took off again. A short time later we decided to make a pit stop… Anyway someone where we landed called the cops and BzB got a bit feisty. To make a long story short we now need bail money!

Sounds like the plot of a Will Ferrell movie!

jmcquate

Contributor
On the subject of invading hordes from the Great White North, If youv'e never seen "Canadian Bacon", rent it, it's funny as hell.

darrylcn

Bwahahah. Well if nothing else this has been good for a laugh. Thanks. I think. There was a security summit here in town today, and they mentioned crazy security. Maybe it had something to do with that. Crap a perfectly good sequel to True Lies opportunity wasted...