• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Harrier off runway KFRG

UMichfly

pilot
None
I love how that story is accompanied by a picture of an F-16...brilliant! Good to hear there were no injuries though.

edit: Damn, beat me to it:-D

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
HighDimension said:
please tell me why there is a picture of an F-16?

Because the Eastern NC reporter, despite likely having AV-8s fly over his/her/their house daily, cannot tell an AV-8 from an EA-6 from an F-16 from a horse's rear end. Media covers aviation story and this surprises you how? :D

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Glad no one was hurt in this...

[threadjack]

Ok nittany, I can beat this reporter one... seeing as how at least the pic is of a US aircraft. For my last birthday, I recieved a paper weight with the words "US Navy F-15 Hornet fighter jet". I take the thing out of the package, laughing, only to discover I'm holding a die cast SU-27 in my hand. And to top it off, the crest on the clock that came with it is the Army crest.

[/threadjack]

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
TheBubba said:
[threadjack]

Ok nittany, I can beat this reporter one... seeing as how at least the pic is of a US aircraft. For my last birthday, I recieved a paper weight with the words "US Navy F-15 Hornet fighter jet". I take the thing out of the package, laughing, only to discover I'm holding a die cast SU-27 in my hand. And to top it off, the crest on the clock that came with it is the Army crest.

[/threadjack]
Just incredible, but hilarious.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
HighDimension said:
please tell me why there is a picture of an F-16?

You're at an aviation school and you don't know why the media screws this stuff up ALL the time?

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor
Fly Navy said:
You're at an aviation school and you don't know why the media screws this stuff up ALL the time?

I understand that their ability to use google image search must be lacking. I was just trying to put my emotions down at the time and thats all that would come out :D Also, dropkick murphy's ... seen them soo many times and they NEVER get old!