• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Hawaii

elcidcannon

i am a p-3 nfo
None
Just got through the P-3 FRS in Jacksonville, and I'm headed out to VP-9 in Hawaii. I'm just curious as to what kind of allowances I get to compensate for the cost of living out there.

I know I get increased BAH, and I've read about a COLA (cost of living allowance), the dislocation allowance, and overseas allowance. Anyone shed some light on this? Maybe give some numbers? Thanks!

SnipeDude

Cleveland Brown Fan
Although, I've never been stationed overseas I believe that is when the Commissary/Exchange really comes into play to help reduce costs (e.g. saving $2 on a gallon of milk adds up).

SnipeDude

Cleveland Brown Fan
Also, you don't have to spend money on travel to see your friends and family because they all (even the ones you didn't know you had) will come to visit.

Intruder Driver

All Weather Attack
pilot
Also, you don't have to spend money on travel to see your friends and family because they all (even the ones you didn't know you had) will come to visit.

Very true. When I was stationed in Puerto Rico I heard from relatives I never knew I had.