• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

HC-4 Refugee

Blind Squirrel

My squadron lost its mission and was slated for decommissioning. We went from 10 aircraft to four (mostly from the four Class Alpha's in 2.5 years). It took me 23 months to get my 500hrs and complete the HAC syllabus and other JO's had taken longer. In FY 04 some JO's were averaging a 100 or so hours a year. The CO was relieved, but not before he pulled my designator for not making HAC (believe it or not, I was the only Lieutenant at my HAC board that hadn't had a Class Alpha). What can a Naval Aviator do when he no longer has a designator?

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Are you fighting this still or are you moving on? Do you want to stay Navy? If not, look into the VSP program. Otherwisr, I think your choices are limited. Transition/redesignation board or a staff job may be options.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Can you elaborate a bit? Just wondering what the squadron history was. I thought HC-4 was moving to NorVa and was going to still be active? At least according to the gouge and the website.

So what brings you to PNS now?

S.O.B.

pilot
I talked to the XO of HC-4 last week. Their future is in doubt but to date they haven't lost their mission in fact their mission has actually expanded. I think there may be a bit more to this story.

RLSki

CH-53 Crewchief
Correct me if I'm wrong but HC-4 is not only up and running but they are also paving the way for the MH community. I just got done working with three separate detachments to ensure that they were ready to fly with NVGs in the desert environment. This is a first for the MH community as far as I know. I do know that they are deploying in support of OIF and have been doing great things over there for the GS mission. Sounds to me like we have another unsatisfied customer that just got their "gouge" screwed up.

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
RLSki said:
Correct me if I'm wrong but HC-4 is not only up and running but they are also paving the way for the MH community. I just got done working with three separate detachments to ensure that they were ready to fly with NVGs in the desert environment. This is a first for the MH community as far as I know. I do know that they are deploying in support of OIF and have been doing great things over there for the GS mission. Sounds to me like we have another unsatisfied customer that just got their "gouge" screwed up.

Paving the way in a different mission. First MH squadron to have and use NVGs. I hear they are doing good things, which is good for the MH-53E overall. Good folks in that squadron.

This post is about more than having screwed up gouge. It's about someone not making aircraft commander and getting removed from the squadron and a flying billet.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Blind Squirrel said:
My squadron lost its mission and was slated for decommissioning. We went from 10 aircraft to four (mostly from the four Class Alpha's in 2.5 years). It took me 23 months to get my 500hrs and complete the HAC syllabus and other JO's had taken longer. In FY 04 some JO's were averaging a 100 or so hours a year. The CO was relieved, but not before he pulled my designator for not making HAC (believe it or not, I was the only Lieutenant at my HAC board that hadn't had a Class Alpha). What can a Naval Aviator do when he no longer has a designator?

When you say pulled your designator...do you mean FNAEB and loss of wings?

You are a 1310/5 unless you transition to another community or lost your wings...

I would think it would take a lot more than not making HAC to lose your wings...usually requires flathatting or similar to lose them 100%.