• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Hello and a quick question

happycolt

hopefull aviator!
Hello all, not exactly my first post here but I'd at least like to introduce myself and ask a few questions.

I'm close to graduating college soon (1.5 years) and am looking into applying for the BDCP which so far everything I've read on here has helped me out with tremendously! The only problem that I'm running into now is that I'm trying to find an OR in my area and haven't been very succesfull (searched on here, and apparently my google-fu is out of balance today) so I was wondering if maybe someone could point me in the right direction. I'm in the Dallas area and would greatly appreciate it!!

-Colt

m26

Contributor
Did you call (800) 492-4841? That should be the nearest OR.

I started working with Naval Officer Recruiting Station Tampa, but couldn't find them at first. I instead found the number for the Naval Recruiting District I was in (Miami), and had them get me in touch with NORS Tampa. I believe I had to do that out here too. I found the NRD (Denver), which put me in contact with NORS SLC. So if you can't find the NORS, look for the NRD.

Also, you can always try the yellow pages. Just don't find yourself in an enlisted recruiting office...

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hello all, not exactly my first post here but I'd at least like to introduce myself and ask a few questions.

I'm close to graduating college soon (1.5 years) and am looking into applying for the BDCP which so far everything I've read on here has helped me out with tremendously! The only problem that I'm running into now is that I'm trying to find an OR in my area and haven't been very succesfull (searched on here, and apparently my google-fu is out of balance today) so I was wondering if maybe someone could point me in the right direction. I'm in the Dallas area and would greatly appreciate it!!

-Colt

Hint: Use Google and type in "Dallas + NRD"

You're already pretty close to one of the larger NRDs. Their website has the links to get you hooked.

Gold%20logo%20copy.jpg

happycolt

hopefull aviator!
Thank you for the quick responses! I had found that NRD website but wasn't sure if it was the place I was looking for or not.

I'll give them a call tomorrow and see what I can find out.

Thank you again!

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Thank you for the quick responses! I had found that NRD website but wasn't sure if it was the place I was looking for or not.

I'll give them a call tomorrow and see what I can find out.

Thank you again!

The NRD oversees the entire district so all Recruiting Offices/Stations in Texas and Oklahoma report to them. They also have the biggest staff. Go to this page and call number on top of left column.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I went to the enlisted recruiting office first (didn't know there was a separate office for officers), and they hooked me up with the officer recruiter's number/address.
Good on them for doing what they should do which is pointing you in the right direction. I've heard of far too many E-recruiters trying to suck lost and confused O candidates right into the enlisted ranks.

Will_T

Will_T
^^Yea, i second that. My local enlisted recruiter tried to tell me that enlisting as a nuke would improve my nrotc chances. Keep your eyes on the prize, if a commision is what you really want. Best of luck to you.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
^^Yea, i second that. My local enlisted recruiter tried to tell me that enlisting as a nuke would improve my nrotc chances.
Well, what he told you was true. It just depends on if he was using that so you wouldn't talk to the O recruiter.

Will_T

Will_T
He was using it to fill his quota (a "you scratch my back, and Ill scratch yours" thing he called it), and while im sure it would help my chances, I didnt want to be stuck with an enlisted contract if the scholarship fell through, I still wanted the freedom to do college program. I talked it over with my dad's navy buddies, a chief based out of groton (soon to be shipping off, and going for his COB qualification) and an ex- Petty officer 3rd class, and they both advised me against it.

I do have to say, that my local E recruiter has been absolutely fantastic in helping me out in setting up my officer interview and doing paper work, but I have had very little contact with my Officer recruiter, although we have talked several times.